• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ready to BUY Primers See update ( NE GA Area)

dan1leg

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
94   0
Reaction score
See my last post. I am ready to do it.

I have been paying around 38$ with tax per 1k small pistol when buying one at a time at local shops.

Was wondering if anyone else out there wants to get together and buy bulk to reduce costs ( Shipping, hazamt). Widners has them for 23.25 per K, plus shipping.

I live near Helen, GA and would like to buy at least 5k small pistol. If we can get 20K ordered, we should be in around $26 per K.

If someone knows of a better deal local, please let me know. I would be glad to get an order together weith several other folks and disperse them out if you are in my general area.

Thanks,

DAN

Last edited:
Dan, I'm game, if we can arrange a decent meeting point that's not too far a drive for participating group members. I tried to coordinate a similar group buy a few months ago, but the interest was fleeting.

I have a "dealer" account with Grafs and they often beat Wideners pricing. For example, if you don't care what brand of primers, Grafs has Tula (Russian, same factory as Wolf) small pistol primers for about $97/5000.

any practical experience with the wolf or tula, internet reviews said they are kind of tight? I have only used federal or cci, but am game for any thing that will work.

I've used Wolf primers with my bunny-fart loads for a maximum cheap factor...and they work fine in my revolvers. In fact, they have been at least as reliable as CCI, if not a little more. Granted, they are no Winchester or Federal...but they light off fine in my stock-sprung guns.

I've used Wolf primers with my bunny-fart loads for a maximum cheap factor...and they work fine in my revolvers. In fact, they have been at least as reliable as CCI, if not a little more. Granted, they are no Winchester or Federal...but they light off fine in my stock-sprung guns.

thanks for the info Junior, did you have any trouble seating them? Some revies I read said the were maybe slightly out of spec and hard to seat. I am loading 9mm only.

Thanks,

I've run a lot of them thru my AR loads. I have a hard time seating some of them but was assuming it was because of the crimped primers (reloading once fired brass). I just got about 2k 5.56 brass back from processing (sized, cleaned, trimmed and swaged primer pockets) and will let you know how they seat. i'll do some with the wolf and some with CCI and Winchester as that's my usual primers, but for $25-28/1k locally it's hard to pass them up.

haven't had any problems with them going bang BTW, but will keep you posted on how they seat now that I have some "standard" brass. didn't notice it in any of my 40SW loads in my glock with the wolf small pistol primers if that matters.

I might be in for a buy, just let me know when you get ready to buy something, and I'll see what I need.

I've been using Wolf small pistol for 38 special and 9mm lately, and they've been 100% for me, after more than 1K rounds loaded. No problems seating, no problems with ignition.

Just a thought, I stopped by Shooter's World Direct today and talked to them about a large bulk purchase on primers and other reloading components. The owner was not in but the employee I talked to said he thought they could work out a discount, depending on the size of the order. I can't promise that they can get the wolf primers, or that they will be any cheaper, but I'm more than happy to do the legwork to find out.

What I need is a list of what type of primers, how many, and if you want any other components, type and quantity as well.

Wheeler

Back
Top Bottom