• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real estate rant..... ************!

The work from home bubble has popped. The increase in mortgage rates will have the demand for homes decrease. Prices are stagnant and will drop when homes don't sell fast. Will people that paid more than the appraisal be underwater in the next few years if they have a mortgage ?

Buying a home for an investment vs buying a home to raise a family in , put down roots and get paid off always seems to lead to bad decision making for greedy people. The demise of the starter home concept is not helpful. Empty nester 's downsizing always seem to come out ahead of the game. Be a good neighbor and you will be surprised about how many good neighbors you create.

Things are slowing some based on my nonprofessional opinion. Seeing houses sit a lot longer already. My youngest son is getting married in October and they have been looking for something for a while. Made several offers only to be outbid. Yesterday they had their offer accepted on a pretty decent older home on two acres. 4 sided brick with half basement. Needs a little tlc but just under 200. And a pretty good area. Thank you Lord !

Things are slowing some based on my nonprofessional opinion. Seeing houses sit a lot longer already. My youngest son is getting married in October and they have been looking for something for a while. Made several offers only to be outbid. Yesterday they had their offer accepted on a pretty decent older home on two acres. 4 sided brick with half basement. Needs a little tlc but just under 200. And a pretty good area. Thank you Lord !
Same here. I'm seeing prices being reduced and homes sitting. Another few months deals can be had. I was watching homes sail in under a week. The only thing I was seeing when I started looking was double wide trailers that were $250,000 and less. Now plenty of nicer homes are in that range. Every day gets better. Glad I sold my home in April now the waiting is paying off.

Unless you’re paying cash, not really a deal with interest rates already doubled and going up daily (thanks, Joe).
9391485A-7D02-41D1-8CA0-D64EE5256262.jpeg

What area? We’re looking to move

Back
Top Bottom