• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Really cool Ruger 10/22 build

Nice build. I traded off my 10 22s. Still have all my mags and a ton of ammo though. Nextbuild, im gonna start from the receiver. Probably go with a tactical solutions xmod receiver and not even have a single ruger part on it. I need a can first

I wouldnt buy it, but you have some respectable rattle can skills 01coltcolt 01coltcolt

Nice build. I traded off my 10 22s. Still have all my mags and a ton of ammo though. Nextbuild, im gonna start from the receiver. Probably go with a tactical solutions xmod receiver and not even have a single ruger part on it. I need a can first

I wouldnt buy it, but you have some respectable rattle can skills 01coltcolt 01coltcolt
Y thank you, that is Duracoat and you apply it with a airbrush.

does that help it stick to different surfaces better?
Its just a permanent gun coat. You apply it with a airbrush and then cure in a oven. Similar to Cheracote, doesn't scratch, crack or chip. Also has a self lubricating feature to prevent rust.

Here is a close up of the finish I just did on a AR

Can is in the future
I have to disagree on 'Can is the future' The future is integral barrel and suppressor. You should see what's going on.... Stamp is still necessary today.... Arizona Case might change things especially with Trump in office now. I believe the Ruger 10/22 config will be the first to get the go-ahead without the stamp. Ruger established themselves in Arizona many years ago and it wasn't because of cheap labor. It's not a coincidence. Check out this: http://www.silencershop.com/gemtech-integral-mist-22-suppressor.html

Attachments

• GEMTECH.JPG
    GEMTECH.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
I have to disagree on 'Can is the future' The future is integral barrel and suppressor. You should see what's going on.... Stamp is still necessary today.... Arizona Case might change things especially with Trump in office now. I believe the Ruger 10/22 config will be the first to get the go-ahead without the stamp. Ruger established themselves in Arizona many years ago and it wasn't because of cheap labor. It's not a coincidence. Check out this: http://www.silencershop.com/gemtech-integral-mist-22-suppressor.html

Funny my buddy is literally texting me right now about the mist bbl. first thing I told him is that's gonna be a PITA to clean haha. It's quiet and it's great to keep the whole package short! Lose on the BBL length but it's all for a purpose. Now that I have a can to use on pistols, semi rifles, bolt actions 22lr, 22 WMR, 17HMR I wouldn't mind owning an integrated 10/22 suppressor just to throw on a walnut stock and go bust squirels like death incarnate.
I'm always hopeful about the New Legislation, but to be safe ( and since I've heard they'll refund tax stamps post enactment) I'll still keep filing as much as I can. The wait is so long right now I figure everyday counts and if it passes boom I'm sure us guys pending will get our stuff instantly. If you end up with a mist let me know what you think about it! I've never shot one in person.

Also he was responding to me in regards of "he will be purchasing a suppressor for it soon" I asked him if he had a suppressor for it.

Internal suppression is nothing new. HK made the first internally suppressed Weapons some years ago. The suppressor engulfs the whole barrel. Doesn't screw onto the end. I have a Internally suppressed MP5. Called a MP5SD took 3 years to build this and 2 tax stamps. Here is the first test fire.

That's sweet and should drive tacks.
I've got a similar build all in black and the bipod is definitely the way to go but it does get a bit boring shooting through the same hole at 100 yards so I tend do do artwork and draw pictures on the target with my shots.
I really need to make the time to rid some properties of tree rats with it.

Those 10-22's are fun to build with all the different parts available.....love some of the neat charging handles out there.

Back
Top Bottom