• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Reasonable Doubt" vs "Shadow of a Doubt"- How the jury got it wrong!

I think our system works ok. It should be difficult to convict someone. It's hardly a perfect system, but it's the best the world, think. No system is perfect, and I think the problems we see are at least partly the result if living in a nominally free society. And as I've said many times, I'd rather deal with the problems caused by too much freedom than too little.

I think our system works ok. It should be difficult to convict someone. It's hardly a perfect system, but it's the best the world, think. No system is perfect, and I think the problems we see are at least partly the result if living in a nominally free society. And as I've said many times, I'd rather deal with the problems caused by too much freedom than too little.

I'm just thankful that some of the members on ODT aren't responsible for running our society...

I'm just thankful that some of the members on ODT aren't responsible for running our society...

You don't trust this guy to make sure you get due process?

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_JM.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't agree with that article any more.

Again, Casey Anthony was the last person with her child. Body in trunk (DNA evidence). Evidence of decomposition (physical evidence). Grandmother called 911 and stated she thought smelled a decomposing body in the trunk (circumstantial evidence). To me, this incontrovertibly indicates that Casey Anthony was in possession of her daughter's dead body in the trunk of her car and later disposed of the dead body in the woods (physical evidence). Does this mean she committed first degree murder? Her story is that the child drowned and her and her father orchestrating a coverup, keeping the grandmother in the dark.

OK, this is not a reasonable story. The father denied it and the child was not in a swimsuit when the body was found. Any reasonable person would reject this alternative. Therefore, the only other reasonable alternative is murder. There aren't always murder weapons found or eye witnesses to first degree murder cases, especially when the victim is a child and the perpetrator most likely used their hands to kill her. There are never going to be eye witnesses in this situation. I'm sorry, but just because she hid the body well enough so that it decomposed and the exact mechanism of death was obscured, doesn't mean that murder didn't happen.

To me, all these facts add up to first degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt. AT LEAST aggravated child abuse beyond a reasonable doubt. I agree completely that the standard applied by the jury in this case was BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT and I think that is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom