• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend a fridge

Have a Sears Kenmore we bought in 1995. Still going strong. Had to replace the ice maker once. The Kenmore we had before that we gave to my in-laws to use in their large pantry. It was bought in 1988 and is still working fine. Just basic refrigerators.

For you guys talking about longevity... Ive still got my parents hotpoint washing machine they bought the year they married in 1973. Works great. And when my parents put their last house up for sale, the buyer saw an old fridge and stand up freezer in the garage. Both were Hotpoints from the early 70’s. My dad jokingly said he would consider letting the buyer have them if he went through with buying the house (dad was planning on taking them to the new house). He said the guy lit up like a Christmas tree. Really???? Lol. So thats where they stayed. Im sure theyre still ticking to this day.

Consumer Reports has the LG, Kenmore, and GE on top for reliability. These three models have the top 25 in reliability.There are 2 Samsung models in the top 25.

This is for French Door Models.

We remodeled the kitchen last year. Replaced a 30+ year old Kenmore (still working well) with a Whirlpool. Bought all new appliances at Lowe's during the 4th of July sale. Real happy with them so far.

Don’t get Samsung or LG, pick an American company. If you have to buy new parts for the Japanese stuff it’s not gonna be easy or cheap. My brother and I have both had problems with Samsung appliances. Just bought 6k worth of kitchen appliances for the new house, all whirlpool, hoping these hold up.

A lot of people don't clean/vacuum out the condenser coils and fan regularly and it prematurely kills an otherwise good refrigerator.
FWIW my Frigidaire side by side (with door ice/water dispenser) is on its18th year and zero problems.

Back
Top Bottom