• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommended tools for upper receiver build OR

Speaking of putting upper together. The dpms barrel nut and aluminum tube forend on my 20" came of by hand. It was properly indexed but I just gave a twist of the wrist to begin unscrewing it. Makes me wonder if my barrel nuts have been too tight, I always figured tighter was better.

Speaking of putting upper together. The dpms barrel nut and aluminum tube forend on my 20" came of by hand. It was properly indexed but I just gave a twist of the wrist to begin unscrewing it. Makes me wonder if my barrel nuts have been too tight, I always figured tighter was better.

Doesn't DPMS stand for "didn't pass mil spec?"

Flame war, engage.

Doesn't DPMS stand for "didn't pass mil spec?"

Flame war, engage.

It's not a standard nut though, the foregrip and nut are all one piece. The sling point has to face at 6 o'clock, which it did, but it just took a firm twist.

But this is a stainless bull barrel 20" so I don't think milspec means jack here really. I believe I will be replacing the forend wih a differed system. Amazingly tight barrel to receiver fit though.

Aint nothing wrong with dpms. Just as ford= fix or repair daily

Just making a very bad arfcom joke...my one Dpms starter rifle worked fine while I had it. In fact I just ordered a stripped A1/C7 upper from them to replace my A2 on my current retro build.

Back
Top Bottom