• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
Well the same argument can be used for people who enjoy shooting guns. Should we have a government regulated proper height and width of a backstop for a private pistol range because there's a possibility of a bullet leaving it intended target. For public safety of course.
Huh? :confused: Are you high? ;) j/k
Gun ownership does not impair anyone's faculties.
People are indeed already liable for where their bullets go. No additional regulations needed.

I remember the first time i had moonshine/scotch, it was not an enjoyable event. Sweet Tea tastes a whole lot better to me and can be socially enjoyed and don't rip your liver all up

I say no, don't legalize it, because
(1) marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to harder and more addictive drugs.
And,
(2) unlike alcohol, there is no non-intoxicating social use. You ONLY smoke it to get high, not the same way some people will drink socially at a party or to enjoy a beer or wine with food and not get intoxicated.
With weed, impairing your brain seriously is the whole point of it.

That being said, I don't think first-time pot possessors need to be sentenced to jail. There should be a small fine and mandatory substance abuse counseling for the first couple convictions. Then, if somebody really doesn't learn the message and has to be beaten over the head with it, jail, forced community service (chain gang, with chains on their legs and striped uniforms), bigger fines, confiscation of their cars if the vehicle is used to buy drugs or as a place to smoke dope (especially while driving, which a lot of potheads from the hood do openly).

The gateway drug myth has been debunked.

collective-evolution.com studies show alcohol is the gateway drug Not marijuana , but we could do this all day. People are gonna do it anyway. Legalizing takes the Mexican Cartel Scum outta the picture

I have a friend who has smoked weed since 5th grade. Smart, Succesful , and Funny as well he's Fun to be around and very healthy

Oh, goody.
And I know a lady who never used a car seat for her kids, and would let her toddler stand up on the front seat, hands on the dashboard, and ride around town like that. They were never in a crash and the kid wasn't harmed in the least.

Back
Top Bottom