• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
Biggest problem in prosecuting under the influence of pot is the amount of time it stays in urine, or bodily fluids, for occasional users that is up to 30 days. So if John Pot head takes a vacation and while in his cottage he burns one every evening for a week while there, not leaving, just chilling and buzzing, then a week later on his way back to work some idiot crossed Buford (kill zone) hwy.in Chambodia and kills an illegal, he gets all the required testing, alcohol and drugs and gets a positive hit on Pot, boom, he is charged with driving under the influence. This is such BS, its not that he is under the influence its that the stuff hangs around, not affecting or impairing the brain or anything else, not even the impulse to eat a box of Twinkies, therein lies a huge problem. In the world of drug testing especially the so called tolerance level for 2nd hand smoke, which could also be a huge problem, if John non pot head rides with John Pot head to say pick up a car 2 hours away and during that trip John pot head burns 3 or 4 potent doobies, and the next day John non pot head gets hurt at work and gets tested and goes over that tolerance level he looses his livelihood and he and his family suffer for something he in fact didn't do himself. I know this to be a fact had a friend that never smoked so much as a rabbit tobacco hand rolled as a kid and rode with a bud to pick up a car in south Ga and got fired cause he failed the test, barley, but failed due to nothing more than second hand smoke in a car with the windows rolled up due to dead of winter.

Biggest problem in prosecuting under the influence of pot is the amount of time it stays in urine, or bodily fluids, for occasional users that is up to 30 days. So if John Pot head takes a vacation and while in his cottage he burns one every evening for a week while there, not leaving, just chilling and buzzing, then a week later on his way back to work some idiot crossed Buford (kill zone) hwy.in Chambodia and kills an illegal, he gets all the required testing, alcohol and drugs and gets a positive hit on Pot, boom, he is charged with driving under the influence. This is such BS, its not that he is under the influence its that the stuff hangs around, not affecting or impairing the brain or anything else, not even the impulse to eat a box of Twinkies, therein lies a huge problem. In the world of drug testing especially the so called tolerance level for 2nd hand smoke, which could also be a huge problem, if John non pot head rides with John Pot head to say pick up a car 2 hours away and during that trip John pot head burns 3 or 4 potent doobies, and the next day John non pot head gets hurt at work and gets tested and goes over that tolerance level he looses his livelihood and he and his family suffer for something he in fact didn't do himself. I know this to be a fact had a friend that never smoked so much as a rabbit tobacco hand rolled as a kid and rode with a bud to pick up a car in south Ga and got fired cause he failed the test, barley, but failed due to nothing more than second hand smoke in a car with the windows rolled up due to dead of winter.

Then the choice is simple. Don't smoke it.

But once again this thread just goes to show, that this has absolutely nothing to do with "freedom". People only care about their idea of freedom.

Alcohol Prohibition vs The marijuana Tax Act of 1937. I'm not a supporter of alcohol or hemp but it's like making chocolate illegal and leaving caramel legal ; while chocolate has more stuff in it good for you and less sugar than caramel the both will give you a rush if you eat enough, NOT comparing the high you get from alcohol or marijuana to choc/caramel (it's biker's fault , with the Brazil thread). To restrict the med weed to folks/kids that are sick is Sick. Anyone here who's been drunk vs stoned Knows whats up (sadly to me i know the difference and being drunk is far worse) = Taxes and some of my Conservative friends who think it's fine to drink or pop pills (far worse than weed) but H** No you better not smoke that poison. Jus Sayin

I say no, don't legalize it, because
(1) marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to harder and more addictive drugs.
And,
(2) unlike alcohol, there is no non-intoxicating social use. You ONLY smoke it to get high, not the same way some people will drink socially at a party or to enjoy a beer or wine with food and not get intoxicated.
With weed, impairing your brain seriously is the whole point of it.

That being said, I don't think first-time pot possessors need to be sentenced to jail. There should be a small fine and mandatory substance abuse counseling for the first couple convictions. Then, if somebody really doesn't learn the message and has to be beaten over the head with it, jail, forced community service (chain gang, with chains on their legs and striped uniforms), bigger fines, confiscation of their cars if the vehicle is used to buy drugs or as a place to smoke dope (especially while driving, which a lot of potheads from the hood do openly).

HorseS*** Non intoxicating social use. BAHAHAHAHA. Ever smoked just one drag , ever drank just one beer/drink. You know better than me how much alcohol it takes to register.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom