• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
IMG_27971.jpg

Law enforcement unions lobby and private prisons have lobbied harder against medical and recreational then alcohol and Pharma. They know that if it is legalized we will need significantly less cops and prisons. The idea of making it legal so they can focus on real crime sounds good; but there is not enough real crime to support all the cops and the prison industrial complex. All of its parts( cops, judges, court reporters, prison guards etc.) would see major job cuts, which would be nice as it would reduce government budgets.
We have a bogus medical marijuana law in Georgia where only 6 narrow conditions are covered, but you can't grow it yourself or get it legally inside of the state. To fix this dumb oversight al bill was purposed where two heavily regulated companies in Georgia would
Provide the oil. It was not big alcohol or Pharma that killed the bill, it was the police unions who lobbied hard to kill it. N.i.D.A is a propaganda machine that blocks all the studies that look at potential benefits of marijuana. They are more then happy to approve any studies that makes claims that it is the evil demon weed. Most people try alcohol before moving up the ladder. If you magically got rid of weed, people would just jump from alcohol to cocaine/heroin.
Not only would the tax revenue be substantial, but the loss of earnings for those with marijuana criminal records would be massive. Very few people look at that aspect, as having a record makes it really hard to get a job much less a good paying job. You also cannot qualify for federal financial aid if you have a misdemeanor drug arrest after a certain date; so those people cannot get an education to improve their job prospects. The fact that it is illegal stops very few people from doing it. It is easier for kids to get weed then it is alcohol, as they do not have to find someone who is 21 (per pew polling). Marijuana prohibition has been an utter failure. But, with Jeff sessions as attorney general a lot of the progress will stop dead in its tracks, and potentially go backwards. He is a believer in the reefer madness lies, after all "good people do not smoke marijuana."
I never understood why so many pro individual freedom(conservatives) are against giving people the individual freedom to live their life without the threat of cops harassing them for having a little pot. This is one area where in liberals have it right. Hopefully, one day we can not be the world leader in incarcerating people. We have more people incarcerated then China(3x our population, it is not even per capita anymore) and North Korea combined.
If my parents didn't have their dream house in the mountains here I would move, but I don't want to leave them. I have taken medical vacations to try the various oils and edibles, which greatly reduced my pain. If I just wanted to get stoned i could find regular weed here. But, my 2nd amendment rights are more important to me, so as long as it is not legal for those with diabiltating pain to use medically marijuana here I will just suffer. Maybe one day we will get republicans who don't have their heads up their asses in state and federal government.

Wow. You are so angry that another person has a opinion that is not the same as yours. Studies show that untolerant angry men are sexually frustrated hypocrites.
Just facts ... not angry ... but I sure would be if I was related to someone who was killed by someone who was drunk or stoned. Some studies show that fools will say just about anything in order to protect their vices that do damage to others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Just facts ... not angry ... but I sure would be if I was related to someone who was killed by someone who was drunk or stoned. Some studies show that fools will say just about anything in order to protect their vices that do damage to others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I commented in this thread and I don't even know anyone that smokes pot and I have been around a long time.(or people that tell me)

Now sip you liquor drink and keep on whinning about pot that has done so much less damage to our country than booze, it laughable, all in the name of the "war on drugs" etc. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (lol) blackmailed politicians and law enforcement to the point that multiple private companies now profit from county governments propensity to arrest people even when not needed. It's turned into a corrupt money game for scumbag judges and that push low income people into those companies to get them viable. Overselous LE is just as culpable. Don't get me wrong - when the hammer needs to fall it should.

The way things are today only those with above average or better incomes are spared the insanity. If the gov wants prosecute someone then they and the offender need to bare the burden not corporations that lobby corrupt politicians to create businesses that never existed and don't need to exist.
You want a cause celeb to go on about, I would bet texting and cell phones have killed far more than booze the last few years. If you have lost a friend or relative to a drunk I understand your passion.
The War on Drugs has corrupted LE, society and even the criminal element even further. It was lost.

Taking care of a sick relative stupid rant done.

As a old school LEO in the early 70's 99% of auto accidents were Booze related, not Pot.
Suicides were mental issues or booze/RX meds, never remember one POT related.
Pot being a "drug" in some folks view, not mine, was placed here on earth by God and Native Americans and other ancient populations used it as a spiritual ritual and way to clear their heads to get closer to their creator.
Legalize it and find a way to test for a really, "under the influence" condition, like for booze with a tolerance level for secondhand inhalation.not one that shows positive from last weeks vacation.

Back
Top Bottom