• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Reloading Question (.45 ACP)

Good stuff. Stick to the lower end of the power scale and you should stay out of trouble. Try to push a plated bullet too hard and it will become inaccurate and perform poorly.

Use to be for nearly the same cost (230 grain FMJ $90/1K) you could have copper jacketed shipped to your door and forget bout it. 230 grain FMJ 1k/$124 currently shipped to my door what are you guys shelling out for plated?

Should be fine...."jacketed" just means "not cast."

I meant no disrespect, but what you typed is incorrect.

Your "lexicon" should match the industry's standard when advising others?
I'm the first to admit that I make mistakes, and seldom post anything as being "The Gospel".

There are many different types of bullets out there, and I ain't familiar with them all either.
All gray bullets aren't "cast", all copper colored aren't jacketed. The bullets manufacturer
will usually be the best place to get the recommended load data.

Regardless of the caliber, or intended use, safety is first and foremost in my post.
Many newcomers to handloading may take "your lexicon" as the gospel, and drop
some swagged bullets in a .357 mag or similar. It may not be disastrous, but they'll
likely be scrubbing lead out for a while.

No offense intended at all. I only asked where you read your info, because I encourage
everyone to verify anything found on the interwebs. CD

Good stuff. Stick to the lower end of the power scale and you should stay out of trouble. Try to push a plated bullet too hard and it will become inaccurate and perform poorly.

Use to be for nearly the same cost (230 grain FMJ $90/1K) you could have copper jacketed shipped to your door and forget bout it. 230 grain FMJ 1k/$124 currently shipped to my door what are you guys shelling out for plated?

link please.... my plated cost around 120-130 /thousand shipped. where are you getting FMJ's for that price?

link please.... my plated cost around 120-130 /thousand shipped. where are you getting FMJ's for that price?

Roze is probably the best/easiest place. they are in AL. if they are out they will usually backorder. orders over 1k (maybe it's 2k? I usually order 2k+) ship for free..

http://www.rozedist.com/

Precision Delta is another one that's got great prices and good bullets:

http://www.precisiondelta.com/product.php

I've found that with the cost/price of Ranier and Berrys going up so much recently, that I can find FMJ bullets for a lot less money. I used to shoot a lot of them but these days if I really want just plinking rounds I go with Lead, otherwise it's FMJ or JHP (only a few $$ more than FMJ at Roze).

If you can not find data use lead data if you load same as jacketed the ammo will be hot. Lead is softer and takes less to push it same as plated. I loaded many of these and if you want an exact recipe send a pm.

Back
Top Bottom