• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rem 673 trigger group replacement

H Frost

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
What recommendations to u all have for the remington 673 which now has the walker trigger. I want to replace it but not with the Remington "fix". Looked at timmey. Who else makes a good replacement that is adjustable for pull weight?

I would like to know also, I sent a 700 in 3006 back in the mid 1990s that would fire sometimes when the bolt was moved. Rem replaced with the same walker trigger. I haven't had a recurrence. I would like to change mine also. The walker trigger has been debated in court as well as about every firearm forum I know.of.

I think I read on here a while back that CM Shoot has tried a few he may have a favorite.

I sent my 673 in about 3 years ago now. The new trigger is absolutely amazing. I am spoiled on light triggers with no creep or staging or over travel. The replacement is as a s good as it gets. I was absolutely shocked at how light the trigger is no, how perfect the trigger is. I will also say I sent it to one of their registered repair centers and not Remington it self. This could have been the difference.

Their web site says "may require fitting" in the 700, 673. Maybe it is a rarity.
What is the advantage of the flat trigger?

Only times I can ever recall having to fit any triggers in a Rem700 was with some aftermarket stocks. That was rare, and it was never that big a deal. Usually it was the bolt catch that was binding. Remove a little material from the stock.

I like flat triggers on precision rifles. A curved trigger forces you to center your finger on the trigger; a flat trigger makes it easier to keep your finger towards the tip/end of the trigger. This increases the length of the effort arm of the lever, making the trigger feel lighter than it is. At least, that’s the theory. Seems to work for me, but YMMV.

Overall, I like the feel and ease of adjustment of the Trigger Tech, but I like how wide the Timney is. Again, another theory, but a wider trigger shoe spreads the force across the finger and makes it feel lighter than it is.

I’ve got rifles with both the Timney and Trigger Tech at my place. You’re welcome to come and try them out.

Back
Top Bottom