• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington Rolling block butt stock pics

Well 2nd4ever and I got everything together today for a test fire. Pulled the trigger and nothing happened. When "I" marked the breech block apparently it hit high and I did not know it. So after making a custom firing pin and bushing, it is striking the rim and primer. Basicly what I did is reversed where the rimfire hit. It is a hell of a lot harder then it looks on the videos you see of people doing it. In case your wondering how the hell do screw that up? Before you start your new hole you fill the old one with a screw loosing your index point since your screw has to be the size of the original firing pin. This way you fill the entire breech block up for your new channel. That was about five hours of work down the tube. The hardest part is getting the hole to come out perfectly where it is suppose to so the hammer will strike it. It will be done!!

Last edited:
If your firing pin bore in the breech block is close to where you want it......can you bush the firing pin hole for a center hit and use a lathe and some shim stock to turn a firing pin with an off center point? The point of the firing pin doesn't have to be in the exact center of the firing pin body....many are deliberately designed with the tip out away from the centerline.

I have a back up if need lol. Already made a bushing and my angle was off. So I can either try with the old one or go with the new if needed lol. It is a learning experience!!!

Back
Top Bottom