• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

renewing carry permit in fulton/dekalb

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
question. i have a fulton issue ccw but now live in dekalb. im assuming i need to go to dekalb probate court and do it there with my updated address?? or can i return to fulton and have them reissue it?

i think price is 35 to renew, do they tale credit cards/cash or are they gonna need me to get a cashiers check or something stupid like that?

I moved from Cobb to Paulding last year. Went to Paulding to get my address corrected and they told me to just keep it in Cobb or I'd have to pay for a whole new permit. She said they don't have any linked system between counties to support transfers or updates. New county requires a new permit if you want it to match BUT she also said it didn't matter if the address on the permit was correct. Valid is valid regardless. Figures.

question. i have a fulton issue ccw but now live in dekalb. im assuming i need to go to dekalb probate court and do it there with my updated address?? or can i return to fulton and have them reissue it?

i think price is 35 to renew, do they tale credit cards/cash or are they gonna need me to get a cashiers check or something stupid like that?
Is it time to renew it? If not, I think you can wait until 90 days or so before expiration to get it changed. And I would think you need to do it in the county you live in. Also now IIRC you have to go thru the whole process in order to renew. I sure if I’m wrong on this someone will correct me!

Is it time to renew it? If not, I think you can wait until 90 days or so before expiration to get it changed. And I would think you need to do it in the county you live in. Also now IIRC you have to go thru the whole process in order to renew. I sure if I’m wrong on this someone will correct me!
ewwwww gross the whole thing?

i honestly hate even needing the thing. i think its stupid IMO but whatever ya know

it expires in like two weeks

I think the biggest thing would be some FFLs questioning the address on your GWL and DL being different, especially if it has just been renewed. Just my 2 cents worth. And I agree on it being kinda stupid to have to have one.

Renewals are done in current county of residence.

Once issued, no need to get updated if you change counties, just reapply (in new county) when about to expire.

Apply for the extension that covers you till new one comes in. Fulton charged me a dollar for the extension and like $35 for the renewal. Still had to get fingerprints at Sandy Springs po po. Keep old license and the extension paper together till new one arrives. I am at 6 weeks and still no new license. Take in stamped, self addressed envelope or they charge you for one.

Both ladies in the office acted like it was a huge inconvenience to serve me............

Apply for the extension that covers you till new one comes in. Fulton charged me a dollar for the extension and like $35 for the renewal. Still had to get fingerprints at Sandy Springs po po. Keep old license and the extension paper together till new one arrives. I am at 6 weeks and still no new license. Take in stamped, self addressed envelope or they charge you for one.

Both ladies in the office acted like it was a huge inconvenience to serve me............
I renewed in Fulton last year and they did not retake my fingerprints, just that $5 for background check.

Back
Top Bottom