• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Repaired my weedeater and lawn mower !!!

DixieDoug

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
75   1
Reaction score

Well, after I gave away my lawn equipment because the ethanol gas ate up the fuwl lines I learned how to replace the lines inside the gas tank. My son gave me his old weedeater and lawn mower to tinker
with. Now I can say "nothing to it".

A tip a repairman gave me is if you have a fuel shutoff valve everytime you get done running it shut the valve off and let the engine run til it stops.

I bought a kit at Lowe's. Basically it is the fuel line with a filter attached to it. I pulled off the remains of the old lines. The gas tank has two small holes that the lines go into. I cut a piece of the new line and pushed it into the small hole for the return
side. It is fairly simple. The line that has the filter attached is more difficult. I cut the line about 4 inches long with the filter attached. Then I pushed the rest of the line into the small hole until I could grip it and pull it out the filler neck. I attached the long line to the 4" piece with the coupler that is included in the kit. Then I pulled it back out of the small hole until the fiter
was situated about right in the bottom of the tank. I measured and cut it and pushed it onto the Carburetor.

Back
Top Bottom