• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Republic Ammunition - Anyone bought from them?

BHPSteel

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score
This one's a little bit of a question, and a bit of a 'steals and deals'.

Has anyone bought from Republic before? Any recommendations - good or bad?

They have CCI SPPs at the moment at $65/1000 which is the best I've seen for a while, and it LOOKS like their hazmat fees are $10 - and I filled up my cart with 13 8lb jugs of powder to see if the fee would change based on weight - and it doesn't seem to.

Sounds too good to be true. I looked at their website and it says they take credit cards. Usually the scam sites only use paypal or some other form but not a credit card.

The site was registered a year and a half ago. They provide a local address and phone number in OH. A reverse lookup of the number results in links to their site as well as a BBB page for them that has an A rating. They accept credit cards. And it seems the SPPs are on sale for this good price. The other primers are a more expected price of $100+ per 1000 and several are OOS. All of these factors make me feel very confident it is not a scam. I have no experience with Republic, but if I needed SPPs, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. If you order, please share your experience with us.

Order just showed up. Everything looks good and packed well.

Attachments

• 20230712_150531.jpg
    20230712_150531.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230712_150238.jpg
    20230712_150238.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 9
I would trust any site that accepts credit card. Why? Because worst that can happen is you card number is stolen and your card company will retract the charges and send you a new card. No big loss. And if they just don't send your product within 60 days? Dispute the charge and the card company will retract the charge, again no big loss. Any other form of payments you will lose.

Mine arrived. Well packed, as advertised - almost.

Mine were CCI SPPs and SRPs and they came in the OEM packaging, with the primers nickel-plated, which to me is actually a plus.

Back
Top Bottom