• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Residential water heater needs replaced

It's funny, most of these water heater tanks are made in the same plant in TN, just powder coated a different color with different labels and box. It's a hell of an operation though.
Yeah the rheem plant produces tanks for a bunch of manufacturers. It's the external components that make or break em.

There's a good reason this attitude bothers me. DIYers are almost SOLELY responsible for the escalating home insurance rates in this country. Water damage is the #1 cause for claims, and by a large margin. When a non-qualified person attempt a a DIY plumbing repair, the rate of failure is multiplied exponentially. When you do something stupid and your little weekend project floods your Brazilian rosewood floors, insurance issues a payout. Know who pays for that? EVERYONE, in the form of increased rates. Want to talk rocket science? This is as simple as it gets. If you'd have just called a pro to begin with, you'd have literally done right by untold numbers of other homeowners.

There's a good reason this attitude bothers me. DIYers are almost SOLELY responsible for the escalating home insurance rates in this country. Water damage is the #1 cause for claims, and by a large margin. When a non-qualified person attempt a a DIY plumbing repair, the rate of failure is multiplied exponentially. When you do something stupid and your little weekend project floods your Brazilian rosewood floors, insurance issues a payout. Know who pays for that? EVERYONE, in the form of increased rates. Want to talk rocket science? This is as simple as it gets. If you'd have just called a pro to begin with, you'd have literally done right by untold numbers of other homeowners.
Last time i helped replace an electric heater, I almost got zapped good. Good thing my gerber didnthe grounding and not my body. Needed a new gerber though.

Yeah, $250 for repairing on tee that takes all of 5 mins is why people try to fix things themselves.

Last time i helped replace an electric heater, I almost got zapped good. Good thing my gerber didnthe grounding and not my body. Needed a new gerber though.
We've been over this. I do not recall this event. Maybe I blocked it out. Either way, you should be thankful. Now you know that your multi tool can be used as a voltmeter in a pinch. You're welcome.

I installed two Takagi tankless about 14 years ago. I spent just under $3000 total installing them, yes, up to code. I love them! The fact that they save me money is fine, but it is the endless supply of hot water that we really enjoy.

I installed two Takagi tankless about 14 years ago. I spent just under $3000 total installing them, yes, up to code. I love them! The fact that they save me money is fine, but it is the endless supply of hot water that we really enjoy.
Lol. Things have changed, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom