• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Residential water heater needs replaced

There's a good reason this attitude bothers me. DIYers are almost SOLELY responsible for the escalating home insurance rates in this country. Water damage is the #1 cause for claims, and by a large margin. When a non-qualified person attempt a a DIY plumbing repair, the rate of failure is multiplied exponentially. When you do something stupid and your little weekend project floods your Brazilian rosewood floors, insurance issues a payout. Know who pays for that? EVERYONE, in the form of increased rates. Want to talk rocket science? This is as simple as it gets. If you'd have just called a pro to begin with, you'd have literally done right by untold numbers of other homeowners.

So called pros want 1 thing your money

When I do something my self I put soul and pride into
Ends up being better job then a so called pro
And you don't have to deal with some arrogant asshole, that thinks anyone that is not a "pro" is a complete idiot....apparently.
Awe...It's almost cute how oblivious you guys are. It's folks like you that actually make the trades a necessity. If everyone could perform every task for themselves, literally NO jobs would exist. Why go to a grocery store...just grow your own food. Why buy clothes...just sew your own. Why buy a house? Build your own. DIY simply isn't a reality for most folks. And the ones who are pompous enough to think they can do it as well or better than a professional? Once again, thank you. You account for more than half of my work.

Awe...It's almost cute how oblivious you guys are. It's folks like you that actually make the trades a necessity. If everyone could perform every task for themselves, literally NO jobs would exist. Why go to a grocery store...just grow your own food. Why buy clothes...just sew your own. Why buy a house? Build your own. DIY simply isn't a reality for most folks. And the ones who are pompous enough to think they can do it as well or better than a professional? Once again, thank you. You account for more than half of my work.

Please do tell us what great company that you represent.

synspeed synspeed - Besides there are children to feed and boat payments to make. Right?

The reason your trade exists is because most people either have better things to do, or they just don't want to do it. Not that its particularly complicated.

BTW- Those must be ATL prices. If you quoted that down here, you'd get laughed at.

Back
Top Bottom