• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

heres something fun

amazon charges the sales tax
ebay doesnt

many sellers sell the same product for the same price on both platforms, but ebay doesnt add the tax always

Amazon has tons of property here in GA.

eBay probably does too, but I think the way they are structued you are buying strictly from 3rd party sellers. If that seller wasn't from GA they didn't use to charge you tax.

Im wondering if a 3rd party can process internet sales

Aka i dont have a credit cArd to purchase online; so i go to a kroger or whatever, have them order it for me and i pay them with a gift card or cash.

To the purchaser, he is shipping to ga but kroger corporate office is in ohio; so payment comes from Ohio. Me repaying Kroger would be a money transfer with a small fee attached.

I doubt it would pan out like that but I figure that is 1 way around this bull****

Probably based upon shipping address. I've a friend in FL that receives packages from out of state vendors that will not ship to GA when I order. He'd likely be okay with doing it for an occasional large purchase. %GASALESTAX

Probably based upon shipping address. I've a friend in FL that receives packages from out of state vendors that will not ship to GA when I order. He'd likely be okay with doing it for an occasional large purchase. %GASALESTAX
So that's really the crux of this

What constitutes a point of sale? If i buy a product to have shipped to New Mexico, but payment information is for my home in montana, if I place the order on a computer in Georgia who do i owe money to amd why?

If New Mexico has an internet sales tax, then New Mexico. At least that's my understanding of it. The law certainly needs more clarity. I'd hate to see the playing field become unlevel again due to neckbeard machinations (that ain't gonna keep me from trying though, LOL!).

Back
Top Bottom