• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolver Questions...

I agree with the above statement regarding more muzzle flash, noise and recoil from a 2" barrel .357. If the gun isn't going to be carried, why not go to a 4" or 6" barrel to actually get some velocity and more complete powder burn benefit from the .357 Mag round? Also, the added weight will dampen recoil more and the longer sight radius will aid aiming.

hard to beat a 20 gauge shotgun for a woman self defense..heck, with all the new hot loads available--410 might be even better. As i have told my wife- "point-pull"..

Light off a .357 in an enclosed room and your ears will ring for a week.

I would expect someone that hadn't heard it before might well drop the gun and grab the sides of their head after the first shot.

Okay, for power of .357, forget about it, out of a 2inch barrel, unless the load is designed specifically for a short barrel there will be negligible different between it and a .38, factor in the muzzle blast, noise, and flash and hands down the better choice out of a short barrel is the .38. Now I own an old Rossi .38, have shot the Taurus and a friend of mines .357 sub nose. They shoot okay, more accurate then people give them credit for but with hot loads they are loud and uncomfortable to shoot and require training to be proficient, as will anything. I have hit targets at quite a ways off with my little Rossi, even out to a 100 yard berm. That said, the trigger on my friends Rossi has a two day trigger pull, about 18 pounds on double action, while the single action pull is around 2 pounds. My personal Rossi and the Taurus revolvers have not been that extreme. Now, I don't agree with the statement in that you can keep a revolver in a drawer and it work when you need it, not that it won't work but if you haven't shot it in years how well are you going to work with it? A 4 inch revolver would be a better choice for a home defense handgun, but then again I would prefer a 9mm semi auto over the revolver.

Whatever you go with train with it, just because you have it doesn't mean you are going to be proficient with it regardless what it is.

Back
Top Bottom