• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIA 1911 tactical II Fs 10mm

Early9973

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Just purchased this pistol took it out shooting the gun was beating itself to DEATH Replaced the recoil spring with a Wilson #24 The slide isnt slapping the frame like a hammer was hitting it anymore but its throwing the brass 15 to 20 foot back to my Right and every so often the slide lock will creep up and lock the slide back. At first I thought I might have bumped it, but it locked 3 more time while I was watching my hand placement. Last night I ordered a 26lbs Wolff spring to try. Any advice would be greatly appreciated THANKS

Last edited:
To me you are doing the only thing possible and that is experiment with recoil springs. Are you shooting really hot ammo? Rock inland are good pistols for the money and I want one in 10mm. Call Rock inland or Armscor don't really know which they go by here in the states. I'm thinking about selling a MP Range and Carry kit that I have put some Apex tactical parts in it a sweet shooting 40 but I find my self carrying my MP 9mm more than the 40. I have always wanted a 10mm.

Thanks for the reply. Gun Nut Im going to tell you, even with her acting up i like the way she shoots. I also ordered a few wilson shock buffers and a heavier firing pin return spring Im shooting Remington white and green box umc ammo How do you like the MPs? Guy I work with has one it feels good holding it but I havent shot it I own a couple of Glocks and like them

Colt Delta Elites use a dual recoil spring. This info from Wolff might be of some use:

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto Pistols/COLT/DELTA ELITE/cID1/mID1/dID64

W.C. Wolff Company offers single recoil springs for the Delta Elite 10mm pistol. When using a Wolff single recoil spring to replace the original dual-springs, a standard diameter Colt (1911 series) recoil spring guide MUST be used in place of the smaller guide supplied with the Delta Elite. Full length guide rod systems may also be used, provided they do not reduce the recoil space. The smaller internal spring supplied with the pistol must not be used with the Wolff single recoil spring. Note: The dual factory springs are rated at 23 pounds.
  • Reduced Power..: 18.5, 20 & 22 Lb.
  • Factory Standard: 23 Lb.
  • Extra Power.......: 24. 26 & 28 Lb.

This is what holds me back from buying a 1911. Everytime I think I want one, I see another thread about issues with 1911's....

Hope yours gets working like you want it!

Wallace s this is my first, even with the problems this wont be the last Ill keep ya ll up to date on this Thanks for the help

here is how my 10mm Delta Elite is setup:

23 pound recoil spring
25 pound main spring--the hammer spring
EGW Squared End Firing Pin Retainer with a light bevel
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/783780/egw-firing-pin-stop-oversize-1911-45-acp-series-70-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Also this--must be fit to gun:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/352739/egw-hd-slide-stop-1911-9mm-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

The recoil spring is not the main component, the others are when combined with good barrel lockup.

It works great.

Last edited:
Thank you 1006 already ordered another slide lock will have to try the main spring Thanks especially for the article ,and he is right love the 10mm now

It seems like the best of the best to me. I reload for it.

If you fall in love with it, you might consider havering a forty cal barrel fit to it; I did. The forty barrel made it cheap to shoot. Switching back and forth is a matter of the barrel, mags, and recoil spring. I run a 13 pound recoil spring for forty with the 25 pound hammer spring and EGW firing pin retainer. The 10mm mags will work 90% of the time. If you reload, you can load long forty's in the 10mm mags for 100% reliability. I wanted the option of factory 40 ammo. It truly is a good duel purpose/caliber gun and all the money spent on improvements goes into both calibers.

Back
Top Bottom