• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIA 1911 tactical II Fs 10mm

This is what holds me back from buying a 1911. Everytime I think I want one, I see another thread about issues with 1911's....

Hope yours gets working like you want it!

not to sound like a fanboi, but lumping ALL 1911s together is a bit unfair since they come in varying calibers, manufacturers and even quality levels.
Its like lumping all AK's or ARs together.

hell, I can get a Coonan in .357 Magnum fer cryin out loud...
http://www.coonaninc.com/products.php/pistol/cPath,5/osCsid,a88a171c8e8371d27294544cf8c07fcb

When you start getting into custom calibers on any platform you have to expect variances in equipment requirements, performance and settings.

Personally: I would not use the 26 pound recoil spring. Remember, the slide comes to a stop by running into the frame and is then pushed forward by the spring to be stopped by the barrel lugs and the slide stop/release. The spring can beat the gun up as much as the ammo can.

Go with a shock buffer and change it as often as needed based on wear and tear (500 to 1000 rounds)

I put the 26 in the damn thing is so stiff I cant get the slide lock to engage Havent shot it yet may have to swap it back after i posted this pulled the ole jewel out and got to working with her and she will lock back with the slide lock when i put some ass behind it Hope to shoot her this weekend will keep
you posted

Last edited:
Even with the shock buffers in it The dents will be from the slide slamming forward so hard is what you are trying to tell me Thanks for taking your time to help me with this

1006 I took the Wolf #26 out Started releasing the slide from the slide lock and it was slapping the devil out of the slide lock pin JUST LIKE YOU warned me SO as you can imagine I put the Wilson #24 back in Going to try get to get out and shoot this weekend

Back
Top Bottom