• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIA 1911 tactical II Fs 10mm

Good deal,

I do not know how much you want to put into this project, but a compensated or ported barrel will take a lot of the abuse off of you and the gun.

See about getting the EGW firing pin retainer and a 25 pound hammer spring. They will each help and are cheap fixes. The only down side to the hammer spring is that the trigger pull will increase. So, you may be better off to try the EGW part first--most of the online stores carry them.

Where did you get your .40 cal barrel. EGW firing pin retainer ? Ill have to look that up With my .50 budget the sky is the limit on this project. hahaha Brother i sure appreciate your help and advice THANK YOU

I bought my 40 barrel from Midwayusa.com.

It is not the best way to go, but I shot 40 caliber in my 10mm barrel for quite a while without issue. It was like putting 38 Specials in a 357, except you are relying on the extractor to hold the case against the breech face for a good firing pin strike. Some gun writers wrote about doing the same thing--some approved, some disapproved, I could not resist the temptation. Accuracy is not very good with 40 fired from a 10mm barrel.

You may wish to contact your gun's manufacturer about a 40 barrel. That will be your best chance at getting a drop in fit, or at least close to drop in.

I think your gun has a Clark/Para ramped barrel. I have a used Kimber 40 caliber barrel for sale, but it has a Wilson/Nowlin ramp.

Took the 10mm out today SHOOTS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT overlapped holes twice at about 10yds not one FTF no slide lock at the wrong time THANKS for the help 1006

Back
Top Bottom