• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ribeye recipe needed

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I saw these puppies at the market and they followed me home. I want an outstanding recipe for these, I don't want to ruin them lol. They're a little over 2 pounds a piece.

I have a gas grill...so that's going to be my limiting factor.

20181113_172100.jpg
20181113_172018.jpg
20181113_171939.jpg

Here is what I do in a crunch...Let them get to room temp and add Spanish paprika, Course garlic salt, and Montreal steak seasoning..Pat into the meat and wet slightly with Worcestershire sauce let sit for 2hrs. Heat grill to 500 and spray grate with olive oil..Put the rib eyes on and grill to your taste. I do a cross burn on both sides..But that is just me I like presentation sometimes..

My favorite. I'm a cave man. Meat rare and lightly seasoned, sear and let it cook in it's own juices...and now I'm hungry :hungry:

Cave man you are! Ha!

I normally sear in a cast steel skillet on the side burner before I throw it on the grill. These are too big for the skillet...I'd like to do something special with them, I just don't know what. I've never seen any grocery store near me offer this cut before so I don't know if I can get them again later lol...

Cover them in yellow mustard and throw them on to cook in a cast iron skillet to your liking. The mustard creates a crust barrier to hold in the juices. And it doesn't taste like mustard when you are done.

Screw that gas grill. Do you have a cast iron skillet?

Lmao I was just posting at the same time. We think alike! I usually use a cast steel skillet but these are too big to fit...

I used to use cast iron but I've found that if I need to get the heat down, the iron is slow to come down if I've got it too high.

Back
Top Bottom