Rivian stock

Which share price will come first?

• $10

• $50

• Tacos al pastor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ford and Rivian have on going partnership and Ford has invested at least 500 million dollars.
I think Rivian will be a competitor into the future and will over come their initial growing pains as long as production can keep up.
A tremendous amount of capital has already been spent and they are indebted.
I'm thinking too big to fail. They will borrow more. Their current investors and new ones will throw money at Rivian for several more years to come.

Ford ended that partnership a little over a year ago. They've decided to go it alone on EV development, without Rivian's tech.

Ford has already taken the fiscal and tax hit from the investment, booking a paper gain on the stock, and has started selling off it's Rivian shares. IRRC, Ford still owns about 7% of Rivian, and will continue to sell their shares, which puts downward pressure on Rivian's price.

I think Ford is a better electric play than Rivian, but I'm also starting to worry about the electric car play in general. Part of that is the economy sucks, inflations has driven prices of vehciles through the roof.

Some reality is setting in for electric vehicles. For example, the electric F-150 is awesome, unless you have to use it for heavy workloads, or you have to use it in rural locations without a lot of charging stations. That's a lot of the F-150 audience.

Toyota has backed off the electric marketplace and said they think the foreseeable future is hybrid, not plugin. They are the most successful car company in the world, and if that's what they think, it gives me pause.

Rivian, as an investment, scares me.

Wanted to add: If you have doubts about how our electric grid and the force-fed green energy transition will support the demand for all those electrons, you need to translate that into the valuation of purely electric car companies. Like Rivian.

At best, it's a throttle on their growth. At worst, it represents decades of an artificially limited marketplace for too many competitors in the electric space.

All things being equal electric vehicles are more reliable.
If fit & finish are top notch, buyers will inherently trust Rivian more than not.

The only question is production. If you make it the buyers will come. Only exception would be a recession.
I would say just the opposite. Ford(andGM,Dodge) have been building trucks for decades. I bet if someone is interested in buying an electric truck, they are going with whomever they have been buying from in the past.

LOL. We make parts for Rivian. They owe us $MILLIONS and we have shut down their production due to non-payment.

It'll probably get resolved eventually, but for this reason...I'm OUT.

Predicting stock value is a tough one. It depends on how many scam players are in on this. Since the Ford relationship is strong, I see the stock going up so the big money players can scam the little guys and get their money back, and then fall down to around $5 - $6.

LOL. We make parts for Rivian. They owe us $MILLIONS and we have shut down their production due to non-payment.

It'll probably get resolved eventually, but for this reason...I'm OUT.

Predicting stock value is a tough one. It depends on how many scam players are in on this. Since the Ford relationship is strong, I see the stock going up so the big money players can scam the little guys and get their money back, and then fall down to around $5 - $6.
It’s definitely speculative.

Back
Top Bottom