• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rivian stock

Which share price will come first?

• $10

• $50

• Tacos al pastor

Results are only viewable after voting.
False unemployment numbers put out by the BLS and DOL along with skyrocketing credit card debit, rising interest rates directly affecting small business as well as the slow down in housing and the automotive industry will push it over the edge. If you were around in the late 70’s better known as the Carter Days you will remember that when interest rates go up housing markets go down and the automotive industry begin massive layoffs. The suppliers to these industries are directly impacted and the trickle down becomes a raging river.
I do miss those 15% CD rates, though.

I stopped buying individual names when I turned 60. Never owned crypto or anything based in China. High beta names will make or break you. Got to be right twice. The best stock pickers are doing good if they have 10 winners. Quote from Buffet. Rivian? Oh hell no. But what do I know?

Toyota has backed off the electric marketplace and said they think the foreseeable future is hybrid, not plugin. They are the most successful car company in the world, and if that's what they think, it gives me pause.

Rivian, as an investment, scares me.
This. All of this.

I just don’t get EV’s. Unsustainable. From production and usage standpoint. Doesn’t suit the driving needs of most consumers and the power grid can’t handle them en masse.

Hybrid just makes more sense.

This. All of this.

I just don’t get EV’s. Unsustainable. From production and usage standpoint. Doesn’t suit the driving needs of most consumers and the power grid can’t handle them en masse.

Hybrid just makes more sense.

We're dealing with an activism movement turned into a political narrative turned into virtue signaling by an industry.

Reality is somewhere else, towing a heavy load with a Cummins diesel.

False unemployment numbers put out by the BLS and DOL along with skyrocketing credit card debit, rising interest rates directly affecting small business as well as the slow down in housing and the automotive industry will push it over the edge. If you were around in the late 70’s better known as the Carter Days you will remember that when interest rates go up housing markets go down and the automotive industry begin massive layoffs. The suppliers to these industries are directly impacted and the trickle down becomes a raging river.
I’m in the construction industry. No slow down where I am. We do new residential framing. I’m keeping 2 crews busy. Finishing a house at lake Oconee today and starting a house in Walton county tomorrow. Most of what we do is $500,000-1million homes. These folks are still buying and building. Like I said, I’ve been hearing this same crap for 2 1/2 years. Yea. I remember the Carter era. It was actually under Reagan when interest rates skyrocketed and Within a couple years we were in a new growth cycle. This is nothing like the late 70’s.

I’m in the construction industry. No slow down where I am. We do new residential framing. I’m keeping 2 crews busy. Finishing a house at lake Oconee today and starting a house in Walton county tomorrow. Most of what we do is $500,000-1million homes. These folks are still buying and building. Like I said, I’ve been hearing this same crap for 2 1/2 years. Yea. I remember the Carter era. It was actually under Reagan when interest rates skyrocketed and Within a couple years we were in a new growth cycle. This is nothing like the late 70’s.
Glad your business is doing well and hope it continues. Only time will tell so we’ll see next Christmas which one of us was right.

Back
Top Bottom