• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK Gun Show at the Expo Center 12/15-16. Anybody Going?

Good show today. Standard neckbeards selling $4 knives, but a ton of AR accessories at decent prices in some spots. Good amount of milsurp. Dozens of Garands. There were at least 3 tables that had multiple bins of Garand parts. Pretty cool...

I was happy to spend several hours there today. Some usual high prices, and some good stuff as well. Big / wide variance on prices for some new guns.

Saw a Winchester M1 carbine for less $1200: correct if not original. Few K98s, tons of overpriced Mosins.

Several tables of clothes, bling, even one guy selling boots.

Best deal was some trading and trading and trading with cash going either way. I ended the day quite well after multiple trades.

Even after the cost of gas and lunch I came out even if not ahead.

Worse experience was the metal polish guys. Dude grabbed my arm to “polish” my watch. I made it clear in no uncertain terms that I didn’t want my watch polished and he’s better let go of my arm or he’d lose his. He acted “shocked, shocked!”

Good day for me.

Thanks to the regulars willing to trade.

I was happy to spend several hours there today. Some usual high prices, and some good stuff as well. Big / wide variance on prices for some new guns.

Saw a Winchester M1 carbine for less $1200: correct if not original. Few K98s, tons of overpriced Mosins.

Several tables of clothes, bling, even one guy selling boots.

Best deal was some trading and trading and trading with cash going either way. I ended the day quite well after multiple trades.

Even after the cost of gas and lunch I came out even if not ahead.

Worse experience was the metal polish guys. Dude grabbed my arm to “polish” my watch. I made it clear in no uncertain terms that I didn’t want my watch polished and he’s better let go of my arm or he’d lose his. He acted “shocked, shocked!”

Good day for me.

Thanks to the regulars willing to trade.

The guy selling boots and Carhartt stuff is actually a friend of mine from Alabama (Johnny is his name). Both he and his wife are super nice people. They usually don't do gun shows, but he thought they'd try it based on a recommendation he'd got that the RK Expo shows were pretty solid.

He was very impressed with the people at the show. He commented several times that everyone was very nice, so that's good to hear.

Good day at show yesterday. Come by and say hello if your here.
IMG_20181215_110707_457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom