Rock Island Armory or Maverick 88 12Ga...Thoughts?

z3

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
I need four matching 12Ga shot gun as groomsman gifts in October. I am torn between the Mossberg Maverick 88 and the new RIA 12 GA. Any one have any experience with the RIA new 12GA shot gun?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-329

Anyone have any idea where I can get them for around this price since I won't spend another damn penny with cheaper than dirt?

Last edited:
Looks like it has potential. RIA has really gotten their act together in the past 2 years. As far a somewhere to buy it that isn't CTD, I would contact RIA to find a dealer in the area.

Actually, if you're speaking about parts, the RIA looks like an 870 clone. Depending on how close it is, this may have the bigger aftermarket.
Something worth looking into, but I would suspect a roadblock somewhere in there

Edit: Looks like the slide release is rear of the trigger guard instead of forward

A co-worker just picked up a RIA 12 and while they look pretty good I found that with a hands-on direct comparison the Mossy was just a better overall build. The RIA just seemed a lesser quality weapon (fit, function, parts quality). Just my opinion but if they cost is close go with the Mossy.

A co-worker just picked up a RIA 12 and while they look pretty good I found that with a hands-on direct comparison the Mossy was just a better overall build. The RIA just seemed a lesser quality weapon (fit, function, parts quality). Just my opinion but if they cost is close go with the Mossy.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for, I have a 10 year old maverick that I have put probably 5k rounds through and it has been great but I have never tenderly fondled the RIA. As far as price goes they are essentially the same.

Back
Top Bottom