Rock Island Armory or Maverick 88 12Ga...Thoughts?

About a year ago I purchased a RIA Armscor M5 12ga shotgun.
Now I am a big fan of RIA BUT it was a POS straight out of the box. Mag tube would hang or not feed at all.
Extractor only worked at best 1-2 out of five.
You could rack the gun several times and still nothing. Gun was full of problems New.
However RIA treated me very well on the Customer Service ,far and beyond what I was expecting. Total refund with perks.
I myself would go with the Maverick 88. Much more solid gun. The M5 looks great, but thats as far as it goes to me. As for the CS at RIA well it was outstanding.

get the maverick

exact same gun as a the mossy for the most part

plus im a fan of the open elevator feed thingy (to hell with terms, my brain is jelly)

Can I be a groomsmen in your wedding? Dang man, that's an awesome groomsmen gift.

This. Great groomsmen gift and definitely more creative than a flask (I have several).

These guys are great. I could call any of them to come pick my ass up off the side of the road at 3am without some much as a question. They are worth way more as friends and brothers then some dumbass flask that will get thrown in a drawer and never seen again.

Another option is the H&R Pardner Pump. It's a true 870 clone since Remjngton bought H&R. I got one for $200 at Academy.

Wow! I just looked that one up and I like it better than the mossberg or the RIA.

Are we invited to the wedding? or just show up at the reception after? Congrats,don't give em ammo til later.

About a year ago I purchased a RIA Armscor M5 12ga shotgun.
Now I am a big fan of RIA BUT it was a POS straight out of the box. Mag tube would hang or not feed at all.
Extractor only worked at best 1-2 out of five.
You could rack the gun several times and still nothing. Gun was full of problems New.
However RIA treated me very well on the Customer Service ,far and beyond what I was expecting. Total refund with perks.
I myself would go with the Maverick 88. Much more solid gun. The M5 looks great, but thats as far as it goes to me. As for the CS at RIA well it was outstanding.

Yep...same problem I had...20 min wih a dremel tool and all was well but really...shouldn't have to go through that with a new gun...or a new anything for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom