• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

I just did my final sight it last night. The Kentucky mountains whoop your ass. I am way excited for this. But lots of sick people at work so I hope I dont get the plague I will show up no matter what but will be more fun without a chest full of snot.
I've been staying on the Vitamin C for that reason alone. Plus 4 out of 5 weeks of air travel usually gets me. Close call a couple weeks ago but got on it early and have at least been able to run 2 times a week minimum. Zeros should be all good, just need to run a short course of fire a couple times next week to knock of the rust. How do you plan on handling the high 30 degree weather? Not real sure how I am going to dress yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've been staying on the Vitamin C for that reason alone. Plus 4 out of 5 weeks of air travel usually gets me. Close call a couple weeks ago but got on it early and have at least been able to run 2 times a week minimum. Zeros should be all good, just need to run a short course of fire a couple times next week to knock of the rust. How do you plan on handling the high 30 degree weather? Not real sure how I am going to dress yet.

This time a year is bad for me for work reasons and hunting season, but I committed so Im in. Next year I won't do this event but will replace it hopefully with the 9/11 run instead.

I get hot fast. Same summer time apparel for me in any weather I'll be running. Only sucky part is wait times will cool me down faster but once back to running ill be fine. I'm not sure how people run in any long sleeves I would die. Pretty much from 0°F on up if I'm running its t-shirt weather.

I get hot fast. Same summer time apparel for me in any weather I'll be running. Only sucky part is wait times will cool me down faster but once back to running ill be fine. I'm not sure how people run in any long sleeves I would die. Pretty much from 0°F on up if I'm running its t-shirt weather.
Hmm. Not sure that will work for me. Going to have to give it some thought. Thanks for the advice though.

Dont shave a beard helps more then you would think.
I won't shave. My main concerns are head, and hands. I do have a a very thin XGO Montano wool long sleeve shirt that I am thinking of wearing as I can run in that montana wool in 90 degree or 20 degree weather and it regulates very well. And the wool stays warm even when wet. Maybe a light wool stocking cap and light gloves that I can throw in the pack once I heat up.

Hmm. Not sure that will work for me. Going to have to give it some thought. Thanks for the advice though.

Another thing to think about is cold weather on ammo. No much to woodie about with your pistol but it will effect your rifle. But probably not noticable at the distances we are shooting.

How much ammo are you toting?
I'll have 80 rifle 80 pistol on me.

I won't shave. My main concerns are head, and hands. I do have a a very thin XGO Montano wool long sleeve shirt that I am thinking of wearing as I can run in that montana wool in 90 degree or 20 degree weather and it regulates very well. And the wool stays warm even when wet. Maybe a light wool stocking cap and light gloves that I can throw in the pack once I heat up.

I wont run one of these with out gloves. My favorite are from home depot you can find them by the chainsaws they are called firm grip they are thin but have great grip and are relatively tough. And your are able to retain 95% dexterity plus they fit tight and stay in place around the wrist.

Another thing to think about is cold weather on ammo. No much to woodie about with your pistol but it will effect your rifle. But probably not noticable at the distances we are shooting.

How much ammo are you toting?
I'll have 80 rifle 80 pistol on me.
Like last time, I will look at the average temp across the time frame I could possibly be running and go ahead and run that through my ballistic calculator and print out the dope chart to tape to my scope. Eliminates most of the guess work for me, especially since my brain doesn't work that well if I am pushing hard.

Not sure on ammo yet. I was thinking 100 of each but I need to read through it again. Some of the minimums are sketchy, because some of the stages require certain hits before moving on and have spots where you could potentially get hung up burning through ammo just to move on.

Back
Top Bottom