• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

Like last time, I will look at the average temp across the time frame I could possibly be running and go ahead and run that through my ballistic calculator and print out the dope chart to tape to my scope. Eliminates most of the guess work for me, especially since my brain doesn't work that well if I am pushing hard.

Not sure on ammo yet. I was thinking 100 of each but I need to read through it again. Some of the minimums are sketchy, because some of the stages require certain hits before moving on and have spots where you could potentially get hung up burning through ammo just to move on.

So you are as excited for it as I am!?

So you are as excited for it as I am!?
Yeah, I am. It just feels more rushed this time as it is literally the last thing I need to be doing. Ha! I signed up for it the night after the RBGC event because I was so pumped up, but didn't even think about how crazy my schedule is in October/November. By the time I turn my truck north next Friday, I am sure I will amped up again and ready to go. But yeah, I am skipping this one next year and running in the 9/11 event instead, just better timing for me. I want to run some of the carolina events next summer as well.

I'd look at something that zips for managing heat. I've got a very lightweight Outdoor Research beanie that's nice for lots of movement in the cold. Mechanix fast fit gloves have worked well for me when I need functional while providing exertion in the cold. For true cold weather gloves they're not the best, but with the running they'd work well. Think about handwarmers in case you have to stand around. Also think about starting with warmer fluids in your pack to provide some internal warmth.

I'd look at something that zips for managing heat. I've got a very lightweight Outdoor Research beanie that's nice for lots of movement in the cold. Mechanix fast fit gloves have worked well for me when I need functional while providing exertion in the cold. For true cold weather gloves they're not the best, but with the running they'd work well. Think about handwarmers in case you have to stand around. Also think about starting with warmer fluids in your pack to provide some internal warmth.

Solid advice thanks!

You running this one?

Back
Top Bottom