• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rogers Shooting School in Ellijay

Depending on what you are looking to learn/achieve depends if they offer what you want.
If they have what you are looking to do, then you wont be disappointed with the school, Instructor or it's abilities.

All training is different from every company out there- Choose smart cause it aint cheap !!!
It's not often you are actually learning from one of the industries best.

I've been through the program 3x. What do you want to know? If you have 5 days and $1200 + ammo do Rogers full course. Or if you want a shorter version. Dodd and Assoc. does a 3 day for $700 if you want the experience. I/ve done the 5 day 2x and 3 day 1x must say the 5 day is a little to much for me. Also if you are not a very good shooter / gun handler already the program can be quite frustrating as the targets force you to speed and accuracy. (It's mostly head shots). You will also need to be pretty strong with both support and strong hand only shooting. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I also live in Ellijay so it's easy for me to pop over to the range.

They are considered the premier shooting school in the country, naysaying comments from other trainers notwithstanding. I'd strongly suggest taking their basic course first prior to dropping big bucks on their advanced courses.

I would love to take some good training but when people use words like premier it is often code for people from my social strata aren't welcome.

Governors gun club is a good example of that. I stopped in there on my way home from work once and everyone in there looked at me like they thought I was going to pee on the floor or something.

Last edited:
I would love to take some good training but when people use words like premier it is often code for people from my social strata aren't welcome.

Governors gun club is a good example of that. I stopped in there on my way home from work once and everyone in there looked at me like they thought I was going to pee on the floor or something.
It is considered the best. Yes it's expensive. Not anymore expensive than Gunsite however.

I'm pretty sure they don't particularly care about your social strata unless you do in fact pee on the floor. ;)

If you want to learn to shoot fast and accurately, this is the place to go. It's a shooting school, not a social club.

Back
Top Bottom