• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rosco vs Ballistic advantage 12.5

TacticalMountaineer

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
Looking for some information on two brands. Looking to build a 12.5 AR and have been looking at these two brands. I know a lot of people here approve of ballistic advantage but have looked I to Rosco. Wanted to see if any had experience with them and comparison between the two.

All of my BA barrels have been very accurate. The first one I got, that I never ended up building on, had bad threads and they replaced it no questions asked.

I haven’t compared the two but I have an Andro Corp 12.5” pistol and they use BA barrels. I’ve been extremely happy with it. I haven’t been able to set up on a rest and fully test its accuracy, but so far it’ll put rounds exactly where I want them. I’d give it a thumbs up

I have the Rosco Sage Dynamics 12.5 K9 with the "Patrol" length gas system. It is between a carbine and a mid-length system. I am running it suppressed with a Sierra 5 can and using the VLTOR system with an A5H4. Gun shoots 55 grain Federal XM193 well and have had no malfunctions so far (very low round count so far). I did zero the gun two days ago with an EOTech and 5x magnifier. I have an astigmatism so my precision is certainly not the best with a red dot/Holo and magnifier combo but I did manage to put up a 7 round group touching a 1" square at 50 yards shooting off the magazine with no rear bag.

What I like most about the Sage barrel is the constant taper. All the weight is back at the receiver and it leaves the muzzle end light. Some people actually prefer the opposite so it depends on how you like your rifles balanced.

I do own a Ballistic Advantage 13.7 barrel with a carbine length system that is my most accurate AR to date. I also had for a while their 13.7 mid-length barrel. With a Dead Air muzzle break the mid-length BA 13.7 shot so soft that recoil actually drove the gun down when using the VLTOR System with an A5H3 in it. I sold it as it would have disrupted a lot of muscle memory. I probably should have just tried it with a 3-prong to see if I could flatten it out. I also have a 16" BA mid-length barrel now but the gun is not yet complete. All my BA barrels have been the Hanson profile, with the 16" being the new slimmer Hanson profile. I like the balance that profile provides.

I have the Rosco Sage Dynamics 12.5 K9 with the "Patrol" length gas system. It is between a carbine and a mid-length system. I am running it suppressed with a Sierra 5 can and using the VLTOR system with an A5H4. Gun shoots 55 grain Federal XM193 well and have had no malfunctions so far (very low round count so far). I did zero the gun two days ago with an EOTech and 5x magnifier. I have an astigmatism so my precision is certainly not the best with a red dot/Holo and magnifier combo but I did manage to put up a 7 round group touching a 1" square at 50 yards shooting off the magazine with no rear bag.

What I like most about the Sage barrel is the constant taper. All the weight is back at the receiver and it leaves the muzzle end light. Some people actually prefer the opposite so it depends on how you like your rifles balanced.

I do own a Ballistic Advantage 13.7 barrel with a carbine length system that is my most accurate AR to date. I also had for a while their 13.7 mid-length barrel. With a Dead Air muzzle break the mid-length BA 13.7 shot so soft that recoil actually drove the gun down when using the VLTOR System with an A5H3 in it. I sold it as it would have disrupted a lot of muscle memory. I probably should have just tried it with a 3-prong to see if I could flatten it out. I also have a 16" BA mid-length barrel now but the gun is not yet complete. All my BA barrels have been the Hanson profile, with the 16" being the new slimmer Hanson profile. I like the balance that profile provides.

The Hanson profile BA barrels, with the pinned gas block and NiB extension, are a great option. Hard to beat at the price.

I have no experience with rosco but I do have a BA 14.5 midlength Hanson in .223 and its very good! On my 12.5 I have a criterion core .223 wylde 1/8 it seems a little more accurate than the BA but both are neck and neck.

Back
Top Bottom