• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rossi Single Shot Hammer Extension

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Just picked up a rossi single shot and it had a generic hammer extension that was not stable at all (fortunately it has found a home on my muzzleloader), also had the incorrect scope based which was loose and of course I was not able to hold a zero this past weekend (whole nother story). Anyways, I ripped the old scope based off... debubbatized the superglued? or locktited screw holes and have ordered the correct and factory scope base.

I went ahead an ordered the factory rossi hammer extension as well, but the pic looks like it may only work for a wrong handed person (right);)... anyways, just curious if any of yall have the factory rossi hammer extension set up on your single shots and if it "looks" like it may be able to be installed for a left handed person. If not... it was only 6 bucks. Thanks!

Okay.. The answer is.... YES the rossi factory hammer extension can be installed for a left handed user. Sits a little higher, but it works. My rossi 308 is now ready to be sighted in.

Please be extremely careful. 3 years ago a young man was killed when his single shot 30/30 with hammer spur and sling somehow were in a freak situation that allowed the rifle to discharge, and lodged a projectile in his head.

Not a day goes by that I don't wish John boy was still with us.

Back
Top Bottom