• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark III LITE HELP!

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
This will officially be the first firearm related issue to date, that I haven't been able to figure out. Basically, I can't disassembly the thing. I've taken it apart before, but I'm thinking the hammer is stuck down or back, preventing me from pulling the mainspring housing out in order to pull the bolt stop down. Short of burying my pride and actually taking a gun to a gunsmith, does anyone have any advice?

@Paynefree SafeCracka SafeCracka @TacticalJeebus NO I wasn't drinking this time!

This will officially be the first firearm related issue to date, that I haven't been able to figure out. Basically, I can't disassembly the thing. I've taken it apart before, but I'm thinking the hammer is stuck down or back, preventing me from pulling the mainspring housing out in order to pull the bolt stop down. Short of burying my pride and actually taking a gun to a gunsmith, does anyone have any advice?

@Paynefree SafeCracka SafeCracka @TacticalJeebus NO I wasn't drinking this time!

I know it may sound dumb, but try to disassemble it again upside down....while giving it a little shake. Mine has done that before, on reassembly. It's one of those, you have to hold your mouth just right.

No worse than earlier mk's. Not that bad, just follow the steps. Just a bit more of a pain if you still have the magazine disconnect fitted. First thing I ditched !

I know it may sound dumb, but try to disassemble it again upside down....while giving it a little shake. Mine has done that before, on reassembly. It's one of those, you have to hold your mouth just right.

That's not dumb. I've tried that. I really think it's a hammer issue and it's jammed in there. This things a pain in the ass!!

Back
Top Bottom