• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger No. 3 .375 Winchester

I just shot a big doe about 3 hours ago with the new 350 Legend, straight walled cartridge. She dropped in her tracks. That round is the real deal.
Thats what I want to get my Ruger No3 in 223 turned into. Got it for my son, he's not into it, I love carrying the thing around, just want a calibre boost (taken over his CZ Scout as well, put a slip on recoil pad on it for LOP).
At a guess I'd go for a new barrel so I could return it to original configuration, reboring for $250.

Good choice on the 375.. I owned a 45-70 #3 for all of one month.. beat you to death with the steel butt plate and I'm not recoil adverse. Routinely hunt with a remington custom shop model 7 in the 350 rem mag bedded in a glass Brown stock. enjoy the #3

I would love to have a #3 but I never did understand the choice of calibers that Ruger offered it in. I would have thought more popular deer calibers like 243, 30-30 or 35 Rem would be good for that platform.

I would love to have a #3 but I never did understand the choice of calibers that Ruger offered it in. I would have thought more popular deer calibers like 243, 30-30 or 35 Rem would be good for that platform.
That's what the #1 is for

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

For next year I’m thinking I want a scope with a 1” tube. Ruger makes 1” extended rings that would bring the eye relief back, but they don’t make them in 30mm.

Was leaning towards the Leupold 2-7x, or the 2.5-8x.
I meant to say if you want an awesome 1" scope, if you can find one, the Vortex Razor Light Hunter in 1.5-8x32 is fantastic. I have two of them in the G4 reticle and they would be awesome for your application.

Back
Top Bottom