• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger precision rifles, who has one and what upgrades have you made?

AndroGuns

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   2
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have the RPR in 308 and I absolutely love it! So far all I've done is put a viper PST 6-24x50 in vortex precision match rings, added a rail mount and a nice UTG bipod. Looking to replace the hand guard with either Midwest Ind new offering for RPR or a Seekins. Leaning towards MI tho. And replacing the bolt shroud.

What have y'all done with yours? Share pictures.

I've heard that some folks have had the plastic shroud fall off. I haven't seen that, just what I heard.

The Seekins rail is the better choice for shooting off bags and such, with its flat bottom, but the MI rail feels more M4-like in the hand.

I have one in 6.5. Seekins rail, LRI bolt shroud. When Timney comes out with a trigger, Ill get one of those as well. I just don't like the safety blade. I actually like the stock. If it starts moving around or anything, I switch it with a Magpul PRS.

Thought that I would get fancy and I put an Atlas bi-pod on it. Didn't much care for it, so went back to a Harris.

I have one in 6.5. Seekins rail, LRI bolt shroud. When Timney comes out with a trigger, Ill get one of those as well. I just don't like the safety blade. I actually like the stock. If it starts moving around or anything, I switch it with a Magpul PRS.

Thought that I would get fancy and I put an Atlas bi-pod on it. Didn't much care for it, so went back to a Harris.
I really like the trigger. But I'm with you on the blade, not a fan of it either. Overall I love it and really like the stock too. Once I change the rail and shroud the only thing left I'll do is Cerakote the whole rifle.

Back
Top Bottom