Rules Input

I seem to recall previously the ITEM GONE banner did not cover the asking price. I am not certain if the banner covering the price is now intentional or not.
From time to time I would reference asking prices on ODT to either post an item for sale or make an offer on a posted item. I used it merely as a reference as I do the Blue Book, for example.
It could be argued that once the item is gone it is only the business of the buyer and seller, however the item was posted for sale on the internet.
GB allows its registered users to look at sold items as well as listings that did not sell, I believe it would be helpful if registered ODT members could as well.

I'm certain a large number of items in the archives marked "item gone" we're not actually sold but just pulled for whatever reason. Sometimes because the price was too high and didn't sell. Wouldn't be a good reference at that point.

Before the SUPER MODS, yens could say GLWS to idiots that had **** way over priced. Then LIBERALS happened. Ones that own guns.

ODT; the original safe space?

I'm certain a large number of items in the archives marked "item gone" we're not actually sold but just pulled for whatever reason. Sometimes because the price was too high and didn't sell. Wouldn't be a good reference at that point.

That is true as well as the fact that the ones marked SPM did not necessarily sell for asking price. If I see an item listed 10 times at the same price that is then marked Item Gone I am not going to utilize that posting as a point of reference in comparison to two or three other postings of the same item that sold within a reasonable time period within a specific price range. Like all else in life it is a matter of utilizing good judgement. I would simply rather have the opportunity to look at the posts as a reference point than not be able to.

That is true as well as the fact that the ones marked SPM did not necessarily sell for asking price. If I see an item listed 10 times at the same price that is then marked Item Gone I am not going to utilize that posting a point of reference in comparison to two or three other postings of the same item that sold within a reasonable time period within a specific price range. Like all else in life it is a matter of utilizing good judgement. I would simply rather have the opportunity to look at the posts as a reference point than not be able to.
I agree

I seem to recall previously the ITEM GONE banner did not cover the asking price. I am not certain if the banner covering the price is now intentional or not.
From time to time I would reference asking prices on ODT to either post an item for sale or make an offer on a posted item. I used it merely as a reference as I do the Blue Book, for example.
It could be argued that once the item is gone it is only the business of the buyer and seller, however the item was posted for sale on the internet.
GB allows its registered users to look at sold items as well as listings that did not sell, I believe it would be helpful if registered ODT members could as well.
Yes, that is my argument for that point. It is no one's business but the buyer and seller.
I've been griping about this since it started. Makes no sense to me at all.

Most of the time, the asking price in the ad isn't what the item sells for anyway...lots of negotiation happens in pm's.

So looking at the original asking price is useless anyway.

If you have someone on the ignore list then don't allow them to private message you also put a P next to the ad listing denoting picture so I don't have to waste my time with no picture ads .

Yes, that is my argument for that point. It is no one's business but the buyer and seller.

Most of the time, the asking price in the ad isn't what the item sells for anyway...lots of negotiation happens in pm's.

So looking at the original asking price is useless anyway.
A strong argument can be made that it is only the business of buyer and seller. As you know, those that prefer privacy after the sale are able to remove the information. I believe that is certainly one's privilege to do so.
I agree with your statement regarding asking price although not with your statement that it is useless as a point of reference. As I stated in the post that is two posts above yours, it is a matter of utilizing good judgement.

I'm good with the way it is now, I really don't care if you change anything either, POPE. I will adjust and keep going.
After all, it is your site but I do applaud you for asking the masses their opinions.

Back
Top Bottom