• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S.C. Introduces Bill to Honor GA CWL

Ga should not recognize South Carolina's drivers licenses. There is no doubt that those folks for the most part, can't drive.

Amen to that. They really can't drive.

And all I can say about the bill is that is it long overdue. Yeah...our safety requirements are lax. Not as far as I can tell...they screen your background fairly well when you apply for the GFL. What does SC do that is different?

There is a large group of former SLED agents and LEO's that make money teaching CCW classes in SC and they are tied into the politicians big time. It will be interesting to see if anything at all happens with this.

Pretty accurate info. But feel free to inquire for your selves, I live a couple of miles from the line and this is what I do.

Yep, stick it in the glovebox and roll on.

Last edited:
Amen to that. They really can't drive.

And all I can say about the bill is that is it long overdue. Yeah...our safety requirements are lax. Not as far as I can tell...they screen your background fairly well when you apply for the GFL. What does SC do that is different?

GA doesn't recognize my SC permit, maybe we shouldn't recognize your drivers licenses??? And, for the record, all the **** drivers here are from Ohio....

We have 8 hours of bashing your head against a wall in a classroom followed by 10 minutes on a range trying not to miss a silhouette at 5 yards......but it's ok if you miss occasionally.

I guess we need a cheap piece of **** .10 acre lot in SC split 500 ways.
This is actually what I'm looking at doing.

There's a small strip of land that butts up to my relatives property in SC. I mean REALLY small, like probably less than a 10th of an acre.

It went up for auction on the courthouse steps last October and nobody bid on it.

It will go up for auction again this coming October. If it doesn't have a huge amount of back taxes owed on it, I plan on buying it cheap. There probably will be nobody bidding against me, because the property is TINY, and really of no use to anybody other than my family because of the way it joins their property.

I will get an SC permit, and my relitives will have a little more land added to their lot. They have also said that they will pay the taxes on it every year, since they will be the ones actually using the land.

This is actually what I'm looking at doing.

There's a small strip of land that butts up to my relatives property in SC. I mean REALLY small, like probably less than a 10th of an acre.

It went up for auction on the courthouse steps last October and nobody bid on it.

It will go up for auction again this coming October. If it doesn't have a huge amount of back taxes owed on it, I plan on buying it cheap. There probably will be nobody bidding against me, because the property is TINY, and really of no use to anybody other than my family because of the way it joins their property.

I will get an SC permit, and my relitives will have a little more land added to their lot. They have also said that they will pay the taxes on it every year, since they will be the ones actually using the land.
Sweet!

South Carolina should pass this bill.

I will travel to and enjoy Charleston and Myrtle Beach once they do.

Just sayin'.

There is a large group of former SLED agents and LEO's that make money teaching CCW classes in SC and they are tied into the politicians big time. It will be interesting to see if anything at all happens with this.

Yep, stick it in the glovebox and roll on.

This. I'm from SC originally, still have family up there, and the CCW classes in that state are one of the largest (legal) rackets I know of. It's not uncommon to see people charge $75-150 for a course. Sometimes you'll find people that will pass you through without doing anything and others are by-the-book to a nauseating level.

Then again, I can also tell you that most people do not care, and there are probably more "illegal" carriers than legal, especially in the rural Good Ole Boy areas. Regardless, funny how strong the police union is in a state that otherwise gives the middle finger to unions.

I live about 15 miles from the border and havent crossed it in 10 years because of this. If the wife and kids want to go to a mall I'm not going to Anderson SC without my CCW. We head south to Gainesville Ga or on closer to Atlanta. If Sc wants my sales tax they gotta let me tote my CCW.

Im all for this! However SC's lack of reciprocity would never stop me from defending my life and family's.

Back
Top Bottom