• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA Prodigy or Staccato?

Love all these folks that have not held one, shot one, or even read a review talking about what garbage the Prodigy is.

That said, neither have I, but a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while......
I’ve held it, not shot, but feels great in hand, slide smooth, not as smooth as Bul 2011 SAS II, but nice. I like it, just love my Bul, that’s why mine is for sale.

I know some gun you tuber is probably going to do a comparison between the Staccato, Prodigy and Bul. If I am not mistaken the Bul is priced right between the Staccato and the Prodigy
I wanted a Bul for a while. Never found one. Maybe supply is getting better by now. I think that's the limiting factor for Bul Armory is just their ability to get guns over here.

I know some gun you tuber is probably going to do a comparison between the Staccato, Prodigy and Bul. If I am not mistaken the Bul is priced right between the Staccato and the Prodigy
You can find Bul online for under $1400…I did. I think Firearms Depot have them in stock now for $1349. IMO, buy them now b4 the gun world realize how awesome they are and start charging Staccato prices for them. I love mine, reason why I’m selling Prodigy. It’s cool, but it’s not a Bul

You can find Bul online for under $1400…I did. I think Firearms Depot have them in stock now for $1349. IMO, buy them now b4 the gun world realize how awesome they are and start charging Staccato prices for them. I love mine, reason why I’m selling Prodigy. It’s cool, but it’s not a Bul
Thanks I will check it out now

Prodigy is an entry level 2011. It's not going to be as polished as a Staccato which is more mid tier.

From talking to someone that has both a 4.25" and 5" for T&E they seem under sprung from the factory with the 9lbs recoil springs. Otherwise they seem like solid options at the price point. LGS here has them for $1250 and an ffl buddy said dealer cost is sub $1000. They'll come down after the hype wears off and Springfield will probably sell a ton of them.

The Bul Armory guns might be noticeably better for only slightly more. I've got a couple Bul 1911s that are fantastic.

I think around $1000 the Prodigy is definitely worth looking at.

I posted a short range report somewhere on here. Can’t remember where. I shot a few hundred rounds last weekend, comparing it to a ‘Cato C2 and Wilson Combat.

The Prodigy is worth the cost. It is quite smooth (not Staccato smooth), has great recoil impulse, looks mean, trigger is crisp, and really good grip texture. However, it is no Staccato. I carry the C2 daily. Also, the Prodigy has a cerakote finish. Looks good but not sure how long it would last. That being said… I want to add a Prodigy to my collection. But I wouldn’t pick it over Staccato.

If you don’t have $2500+ for a Staccato, the Prodigy is a great deal. There isn’t much, if anything, that I would want changed. Maybe polish the trigger a bit and change the guide rod.

Back
Top Bottom