• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sad day

Thanks again y'all for y'alls kind words. Yesterday was visitation. It was rough, but good to see all the family and family friends rejoice in good memories. Really touched my heart to that one of my friends drove all the way from right near the hall habersham county line to be there. Shows true friendship. I was blessed to get 25 years with my pop, something alot of people don't get with their grandparents. I gave him a knife for his birthday last year with all the masonic working tools, I have it back to him yesterday, as well as a Grand Master's pin that he took directly off his lapel last year for me to pin on him at his 70 year ceremony. And lastly me and Tim Stewart clothed him in his white lambskin leather apron, and while it was just us I gave him part of the apron lecture.

Some of y'all will see just a cheap China made knife but this is one of my most prized possessions. My pop bought it when I was just a youngen, and I thought it was the coolest knife. So he have it to me. I carried a few years as a kid but once I got to be about 12 I realized I needed to put it up. Today I'll carry it again, probably for the last time, in remembrance of him and how he inspired me to learn more about the emblem I didn't know what was that's on it.
20180713_102026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom