• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sad day

Today my pop (grandfather) passed away. He was 96 years old. He had been on hospice for a while, today he passed away at his assisted living home while sitting by the window looking outside. He was truly the example of how a man should live. He was a world war two vet, 71 year master mason, raised two boys and a girl, loved my grandmother like crazy, he was a watch maker for many years but most importantly he was a God fearing and loving husband, father, and great grandfather. But now I know he's no longer in pain and reunited with my grandmother.
View attachment 1698633 View attachment 1698634 View attachment 1698635 View attachment 1698639

I'll say a prayer for you!
My only GrandDad I knew died 50 plus years ago (I'm 60), and your post took me back to a day he gave me a 1921 silver dollar (seemed like a million $'s to me lol). and YES I still have it & NO it is not for sale.:) Your GrandDad did good for you to have such a love & respect for him, gives me hope towards the next generation. I thought I knew you and went back to see if we had done a deal last year (yeah the mind goes quick lol) and we haven't done a deal... but I found this from May 21, 2017... Again I say, HE did good!
ALWAYS BE THANKFUL for the times you had.:thumb:
Sambo77.jpg

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/always-be-thankful.1422177/

Sorry for your loss. That generation was truly the Greatest Generation America has ever seen.

We all benefit from the blood, sweat and tears your Grandfather gave in his life to serve his country, his family and God.

Prayers to you and your family.

I really can't express enough how much y'alls kind words mean to me. Sadly the funeral home is busy so we can't do visitation until tomorrow. I had to busy myself today so got a lot of grass cut, got my belt, boots, and badge shined up, and a concrete pad for a flag pole laid. If any of y'all want a good read here is his obituary http://www.stewartfh.com/m/obituaries/J-C-Spain/Memories

Back
Top Bottom