• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Safe selection: How " SAFE" is your safe from thieves?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I've often wondered in today's age of instant Internet information how easy it would be for a thief, once in your home, to look up the information on your make/ model of safe to crack the combo to get in?

I know that the electronic combination safes have a certain procedure to reset the code in case you forget your combination so I was wondering if all of the same models have the same procedure to reset your combination or are they different with each safe?

I guess I would prefer a manual dial type lock, but even those can be cracked so nothing is really thief proof.

For this reason I sanded the blatant make and model logo off of the front of my safe and repainted it so it does not have any identifying marks.......just one more layer of protection in my thinking.

Just wondering how easy it would be for a thief to determine what safe you have, look up the info to go to work on your safe.
I would assume the electronic locks would be the easiest to reset a code and open like candy granted they all share the same type of reset procedure......

Your thoughts?

i have a crappy safe... combine that with two big dogs an alarm system and a kickass insurance policy

I aint too worried about it.

I also wanted to add the protection of an alarm company as a primary. I thought surely between the safe bolted down, the alarm co.,locks and 1 good neighbor I'd be safe. We use alarm force and I highly recomend them.

It's also good to not leave your safe in the open. Conceal it in a closet, behind a hidden wall, just where it can't be seen, cause what they can't see they won't get.

It's also good to not leave your safe in the open. Conceal it in a closet, behind a hidden wall, just where it can't be seen, cause what they can't see they won't get.

I have several safes... all of equally crappy quality. The least crappy of them all... has nothing in it. So if they do take the time to break in... they better pick the right one or have some extra time. lol

My thoughts have always been that if you can get past my perimeter cameras, alarm system, 4 dogs, deadbolts and into my locked safe, then you can have whats in it because you deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom