• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Safe selection: How " SAFE" is your safe from thieves?

The safe was full even had some class 3 weapons in it. When I said went threw the door I meant threw the closed door, door frame and part of the wall. They used the safe for a 600lb battering ram.

After a friend of the families safe was stolen we built a custom enclosure in the space underneath the stairs in his basement. We used 5/8" concrete board (Hardie Board...its cement and fiberglass mixed together) and anchored the panels all throughout the space, then the door opening was rebuilt with steel studs and then the door frame was grouted in place. Once this was done a solid core steel door was installed with high strength hardware. THis provided a larger space for the items needing storage and also didn't draw so much attention to the area. The only way to get in there would be through the concrete walls and unless the burgler has a diamond blade demo saw...he/she isn't going to get very far.

Or y'all could let me build you one of these al04.jpgal08.jpg

Last edited:
I never show off what I have. Most safes are farily easy to open if you understand how they work. Dogs ,cameras, and alarms are deterrents. My advice also is out of sight out of mind. Is someone is breaking into your house to get into your safe they know you or someone you know sold you out. Safebuilder that's what I am talking about!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom