• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Saiga 12 Question

Bobo-had

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   3
Reaction score
I love my Saiga 12. Id love it more if it was an SBS. I was wondering, is it possible to put a pistol brace on my current saiga 12 and put a 12" barrel on it? If so, what all do I need for the stock to put the brace on?

Main goal is getting around the stamp. Already waiting on 2 suppressors, dont really feel like waiting on another unless I absolutely have to.

Also, chop the barrel, or can I find a 12" saiga barrel somewhere?
20201210_211949.jpg

20201210_212054.jpg

Form 1s are like a month, just do the paperwork. Have the barrel chopped, gonna be cheaper to do that then have someone install a new barrel.

Ok for the bad. If you don't want to mess with the gas system and it runs well on light bird shot it's most likely not going to run on birdshot after you have the barrel cut. Now you can have the gas port adjusted to get it to run on lower powered loads, just depends on how short you wanna go with it.

Form 1s are like a month, just do the paperwork. Have the barrel chopped, gonna be cheaper to do that then have someone install a new barrel.

Ok for the bad. If you don't want to mess with the gas system and it runs well on light bird shot it's most likely not going to run on birdshot after you have the barrel cut. Now you can have the gas port adjusted to get it to run on lower powered loads, just depends on how short you wanna go with it.

You're right. I'll just efile it

Count on having to open the gas ports as well when you chop. Most saiga shotguns just wont reliably cycle bird shot in full length.

Count on having to open the gas ports as well when you chop. Most saiga shotguns just wont reliably cycle bird shot in full length.

Its already had that done. It runs flawlessly as is. Im guessing it'd have to be adjusted again after the chop?

Its already had that done. It runs flawlessly as is. Im guessing it'd have to be adjusted again after the chop?

Id put money on it. I did all that to mine, plus the gas puck and adjustable plug and it still won't feed low brass reliably.

Chopping the barrel to shorter than 18 inches means a tax stamp. If you wnat to make it short and make it run well Tromix is the answer you seek. He has been successful as short as 8 inches.

Chopping the barrel to shorter than 18 inches means a tax stamp. If you wnat to make it short and make it run well Tromix is the answer you seek. He has been successful as short as 8 inches.

Please, tell me more about this Tromix you speak of

Back
Top Bottom