• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sailing long distance - what wold be a good firearm?

What would you have on a boat, going far?

• Total voters
A lot of people here on ODT have faced a similar issue in the past. Just peruse the classifieds as there are numerous listing that meet your qualifications of guns for sail.

I'm guessing you'd be in the least amount of trouble with a single or double-barrel 12 gauge. Of course, that's relative; are two years in jail in Nassau really any different than three? Another idea is simply contact the guys you saw in that Youtube video earlier in the thread. Ask them for advice, since they've obviously already been there, done that.

So, I am thinking about doing long distance sailing. Possibly living onboard, and doing lengthy passages across Atlantic. Not going to Somali, or any other **** infested parts of the world. I don't usually look for trouble, but hey - its a good thing to have just in case.

Speaking of legality - a sailing vessel under US flag is technically operated by US laws. But I really need to investigate the laws further. I intend to play by the rules.

So, aside from legality of having a firearm onboard, what would you rather have for personal protection?
U.S. registered vessels: deck guns!

I decided to go with an over under shotgun for this. And been shopping around for a Morgan 383. Thanks for all the comments /jokes / ideas.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom