• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage Canada MkII Precision 22 LR rifle with Boyds At-One Adjustable Stock

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Recently purchased this Savage Canada MkII 22 LR Precision rifle after watching it in the rack for about 4 months. I had copied down the UPC code on the hang tag, and took photos of the rifle. I searched on the internet and could not find a similar gun using that UPC code. Lots of MkII 22 rifles, but not this exact gun. I sent the UPC code and photos to my gunsmith who was going to the SHOT show. He emailed back that Savage was a "no show" because of Covid. So didn't get any info directly from the manufacture on this model gun. I contacted 5 or 6 gun stores in my area and no one had heard of this model.

Well, I went ahead and bought it. When taking photos for my records I noticed the word "Boyds" on the recoil pad. I went to their website and the stock on this gun is their AT-One adjustable. The color is called "Zombie Hunter." Guess what Savage Canada did was install their precision 22 rifle barreled action in a modified Boyds AT-One stock that looks a little different than the model shown on the website. Doesn't mention any special model on the box label. Just lists the model as BVNXSP. My internet search didn't show any firearm with that model designation. Don't know if this was a special, limited production made for a distributor or retailer, or something that Savage Canada did. Heck, I didn't even know there was a Savage Canada until I saw it stamped on the barrel on the box label.

Just wondering what this is. A friend of mine looked at it and he would like to find one. Don't know where to send him as there was only 1 of these where I bought it. Came new in the box with a Weaver 3-9X40 rimfire scope already mounted on the gun with Weaver rings and base.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Attachments

• Savage1.JPG
    Savage1.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Savage2.JPG
    Savage2.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Savage3.JPG
    Savage3.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Savage4.JPG
    Savage4.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 93
I have one and so does my son that look like that and I’ve seen them in Walmart unless there’s something different with yours

I got mine at Walmart, too. Just didn't know if it was an exclusive or available at other locations. I'll tell my friend who wants one to start checking out Walmarts in his area. A real nice, affordable rifle. Will give it a try using Eley black box Match ammo that I shoot in my Remington 541S.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Rod

Also fyi if the stock ever develops any issues Boyd will send a new one to you. My sons had a hair line crack and they replaced it

Back
Top Bottom