• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savannah Area Bow hunting???

TacticalMedic

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan once again but should be home within the next 10 days or so. I have hunted for many years in Illinois (yes I know, ****ty state for anything firearm related...I don't know what my parents were thinking) public and private land. With that said I'm looking for someplace to go as close as possible around the Savannah area with my compound bow. I have been in Ga, a little over 3 years, (been in Afghanistan twice during that time) and have yet to hunt it. Bought a license last year with the intent of hunting on stewart and Hunter and never was able to make the time. Also, stewart is so damn big I wouldn't even know where to begin. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Justin

I know there's a bunch of my comrades that hunt out in Effingham, and some in Bryan County out on 144, way past 17. I'll see if I can get any particulars for ya.

I'm guessing your in 2-3, but careful at Stewart they are always pretty crowded and I had several run in's with game wardens who were :censored: holes, but that was a few years ago. Hunter has some deer on it. The land nav course has some and also at the end of the airfield towards veterans parkway. Never hunted there but know that they are prevalent (from running all over that post). If you do go to Stewart it is a ways away, but on the other side of the garrison down 144 towards Glennville there is a swamp to the south of the road. Never failed when looking for hogs. Sorry lost the map I had or else I would tell you exact coordinates. Good luck and safe travels home brother!

I've never hunted stewart but I'm more than knowledgeable about Gordon. If you get this way let me know. 44,000 acres and it costs 40 bucks. Areas 1-4 and even 5-16 are an awesome places to hunt. I've killed deer within 200 yards of the hospital parking lot. Good luck brother and get back safe.

I've never hunted stewart but I'm more than knowledgeable about Gordon. If you get this way let me know. 44,000 acres and it costs 40 bucks. Areas 1-4 and even 5-16 are an awesome places to hunt. I've killed deer within 200 yards of the hospital parking lot. Good luck brother and get back safe.
Heck I might have to look in this. I used to go up to Gordon all the time when I was stationed in Savannah. I have and Uncle who is a fire inspector down there and we use to go visit him all the time. Even before growing up in Snellville it was just a hop down 20 to get there! We still have a house in Effingham county so well probably end up back that way!

Back
Top Bottom