• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sawed Off Sunday!

I thought the purple dildo looking thing was a choke constriction gauge. Depending on which anal bead you could get down the muzzle, that would tell you the choke of that particular 12 gauge. Nothing sexual about that.
Don't forget to use the right kind of lube on the hinge and extractors of this shotty.

gun lube not.jpg

Bumping this thread for a pic of my sawed-off shotty, a Street Sweeper.
(yeah, so technically it's a destructive device, not an SBS).
12 rounds, 12 gauge, with a 12" barrel (I cut the 18.5" sporting barrel, which was only on there so it could be imported as a non-NFA Title 1 firearm. But the original South African riot control version came with a 12" barrel).

Bobbing the barrel, which was already a straight cylinder bore without any choke, did not open up my patterns noticeably. With buckshot and big birdshot it would keep a pattern of LESS than 1" per yard of distance to the target. It was more like 0.75" of spread per yard.

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_streetsweep024.jpg

Bumping this thread for a pic of my sawed-off shotty, a Street Sweeper.
(yeah, so technically it's a destructive device, not an SBS).
12 rounds, 12 gauge, with a 12" barrel (I cut the 18.5" sporting barrel, which was only on there so it could be imported as a non-NFA Title 1 firearm. But the original South African riot control version came with a 12" barrel).

Bobbing the barrel, which was already a straight cylinder bore without any choke, did not open up my patterns noticeably. With buckshot and big birdshot it would keep a pattern of LESS than 1" per yard of distance to the target. It was more like 0.75" of spread per yard.

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_streetsweep024.jpg
That's pretty cool in a late 80s kinda way. I've watched YouTube vids on this one and the Striker 12 that claimed they were difficult to load and shoot. Supposed to have a horrendous trigger pull. But still... It's gotta be as much of an 80s icon as a Spas12.
I had to check the dates on this thread once I saw some of the comments. If Nonliberal Nonliberal is checking back here let me just say that I usually dig my sawed off doubles in the side by side variety. But while we're here in Perry dodging a hurricane I found a DVD copy of Sharkey's Machine which as some of you know is a cheesy early 80s action/cop movie filmed all in Atlanta with Burt Reynolds. Lots of vintage scenery in it. Anyway about halfway through it the bad guy hitman kills a chick with a sawed off over and under. I remember thinking how cool that was in my early teens when I first saw it. But later I grew to see over and under as big money doctor and lawyer guns that you don't dare cut on.
Oh well I'm still a fan of the side by side from coach length on down. But the cut down over and under IS a special kinda project.

Jeez, everybody's mind in the gutter. Its a soft sided plug gauge. Each plug is slightly larger in diameter to gauge what plug is best for a bung hole. Made to stick in a bung hole to see what size plug it needs. I just used it because it was close by and wouldn't scratch the trigger guard. Some people use knives, I didn't want to.

You should already know which plug works best for Mrs. Nonliberal's bunghole. At least I'm assuming that's whose bunghole it's for

Just thinking the same thing JWAR, somebody needs to do a scrub of Bryan's posts.....

Can't have the Lib's getting their panties in a wad over his comments....... At least of this type! :)

Back
Top Bottom