• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Say good bye to the boy scouts (merged threads)

I am not a fan of the political stunts used to get here, or the current push to make equality=same. Having said that, I have a daughter who would get nothing out of Girl Scouts and would really enjoy Boy Scouts. I've gone back and forth on whether to ask if she wants to join. I don't want to be seen as supporting the political shenanigans, but I also want to support her desire to be in the woods and learn skills. At this point I think I'm going to ask her if she's interested.

I am not a fan of the political stunts used to get here, or the current push to make equality=same. Having said that, I have a daughter who would get nothing out of Girl Scouts and would really enjoy Boy Scouts. I've gone back and forth on whether to ask if she wants to join. I don't want to be seen as supporting the political shenanigans, but I also want to support her desire to be in the woods and learn skills. At this point I think I'm going to ask her if she's interested.

My daughter was briefly in Girl Scouts and didn't like it. There was nothing at all about outdoors, camping, fishing, etc. Our cub scout pack leader asked her if she would be interested and she definitely is, it's just a matter of getting a couple of girls her age to start a Den. I'm not going to push her either way, but I'll definitely support her if she joins.

well as someone who was in scouts their entire childhood i honestly dont really have a problem with it. A. because girls have been in scouts even before i joined (plenty of programs welcomed them long ago so really this is nothing new). B. after talking with several of my friends who are outdoorsmen and have daughters, they are all thrilled because there is an actual program that can get their girls interested in camping and shooting. So to me if the core activities and all of that stay the same and they just add girls then i have zero issues with it, all it will do is increase the % of females that camp and shoot.

And really the local scout master is the only one who really determines what the experience is like for any kid and they have all of the ability to keep it the same, and a real shockers was we even had a female assistant troop master when i was in scouts and she didnt change a thing!

Well said.

The problem lately is that Common Sense has gone straight out the window! Removing the word boy from Boy Scouts of America is like removing man from mankind. Both are female and male inclusive. So the problem comes down to the left-wing palbum-pukers having a problem with a simple word. And in this case the title of an already all inclusive organization. Absolutely stupid and just another inch of the foot-in-the-door. precedent is a b****.

I was a Royal Ranger myself.

Well said.

The problem lately is that Common Sense has gone straight out the window! Removing the word boy from Boy Scouts of America is like removing man from mankind. Both are female and male inclusive. So the problem comes down to the left-wing palbum-pukers having a problem with a simple word. And in this case the title of an already all inclusive organization. Absolutely stupid and just another inch of the foot-in-the-door. precedent is a b****.

I was a Royal Ranger myself.

I agree that the name change is dumb. Another hope for this is the left could be shooting itself in the foot as they fight to get more girls in, but then those girls can actually learn real morals and will most likely end up more right leaning later in life

ED66B578-F7CD-449E-BAF9-1976840E9067.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom