• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Say good bye to the boy scouts (merged threads)

The Boy Scouts of America, founded in 1910 is no more. The organization, that will begin allowing girls into the program next year, has dropped “Boy” from its name and will now be known as “Scouts BSA."

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/02/rip-boy-scouts-1910-2018-was-a-pretty-good-run/
“Scouts B*ll S*it A**holes."

Separate dens/troops is fine, but will they also have separate boys and girls camping venues? Or maybe barbed wire between campsites? Otherwise Summer Camp could be more, um, interesting.

“Scouts B*ll S*it A**holes."

Separate dens/troops is fine, but will they also have separate boys and girls camping venues? Or maybe barbed wire between campsites? Otherwise Summer Camp could be more, um, interesting.
They're doing it for the ones who have little wee-wees, but who's parents think that it's okay to dress them like a little princess.

girl scouts make the sammiches.jpg

I got my Eagle in 1996. I worked at Rainey Mtn for a few years between 94-98...there have been active female scouts in the explorer program for at least as long as that...we had females working at camp. I dont think this is going to go the way you all seem to think. we had gay scouts too...some who got their VIGIL in the Order of the Arrow...chew on that.

Given that the Girl Scouts have basically become a cookie company, I'm not surprised girls want to join BSA.

So long as they stick with their mission, I don't see any real issue with it being co-ed.

I got my Eagle in 1996. I worked at Rainey Mtn for a few years between 94-98...there have been active female scouts in the explorer program for at least as long as that...we had females working at camp.
Same was true in the early 80's. Camp I worked at was an Explorer post, just so females could work there (2 wives and one single cute nurse).

well as someone who was in scouts their entire childhood i honestly dont really have a problem with it. A. because girls have been in scouts even before i joined (plenty of programs welcomed them long ago so really this is nothing new). B. after talking with several of my friends who are outdoorsmen and have daughters, they are all thrilled because there is an actual program that can get their girls interested in camping and shooting. So to me if the core activities and all of that stay the same and they just add girls then i have zero issues with it, all it will do is increase the % of females that camp and shoot.

And really the local scout master is the only one who really determines what the experience is like for any kid and they have all of the ability to keep it the same, and a real shockers was we even had a female assistant troop master when i was in scouts and she didnt change a thing!

Back
Top Bottom